Virtual Vehicle Maintenance Management and Inspection (VMMI)
A Training and Certification Program for Managers and Technicians
March 30 - March 31
10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. (EST)
For over 25 years, the Vehicle Maintenance Management and Inspection (VMMI) has trained thousands of mechanics at rural, small urban and specialized mobility providers, connecting them with the right resources to keep their buses in service. This program is designed for managers and technicians who operate/maintain rural and complimentary vans, cutaway paratransit and buses (i.e., less than 30-foot length) to improve the maintenance oversight of fleets of smaller transit vehicles while adding a layer of testing, certification and performance quality.
Master Trainer, Halsey King, SAE provides unique insight into fleet tire, fuel and parts purchasing, as well as fleet management, labor allocation and warranty recovery.
- Preparation for the Federal Transit Administration (FTA) Transit Asset Management and State of Good Repair requirements
- Highly focused on technology and on federal and state regulations, bus manufacturing, inspection and preventive maintenance program development
- Attendees will understand the scope of Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) regulations, beyond ensuring that the lift is operational.
- Learn about upcoming vehicle components, systems and features straight from manufacturers' design studios. These include, full-time live rearview camera, birthdate on bus tires, a new list of hazard materials in the shop, and the new Tier 1 gasoline and diesel fuel.
- VMMI covers topics of interest for fleets starting to receive and operate electric vehicles; focusing on safety requirements for qualified personnel performing inspections and routine maintenance.