This session will provide long-term care leaders the elements required for Behavioral Health under the CMS’s new Requirements of Participation (RoP) for Skilled Nursing Facilities. Attendees will also be provided with the key components a comprehensive physical assessment process for the post-acute care resident.
Behavioral Health Strategies for Post-Acute Care
– 2 hours
This session will provide LTC leaders the elements required for Behavioral Health under the NEW Requirements of Participation for Skilled Nursing Facilities.
Upon completion of the class the attendees should be able to:
- Identify the required elements for behavioral health for Phase 2 of the NEW RoP
- Learn where to find helpful resources to assist with creation of a behavioral health program
- Describe three leadership strategies for caring for someone with behaviors or mental health issues
Physical Assessment and Sepsis
– 5 hours
This engaging presentation will provide attendees with the key components and understanding of a comprehensive physical assessment process for the post-acute care resident. This program will include a presentation along with demonstration by the presenter. This presentation will provide attendees with key strategies for competency and for using resident history and current presentation to guide the assessment process, as well as decision making for notifications, recommendations and care planning for quality. In addition, attendees will be provided with recommendations on identification and management of residents with Sepsis.
Upon completion of this program, attendees will be able to:
- Verbalize the importance of collecting and reviewing key resident history and current health condition information
- Identify skills necessary in the resident/resident representative interview process
- Verbalize steps to head-to-toe assessment, including techniques such as inspection, palpation, percussion, auscultation in relation to the various systems for assessment
- Describe process for documentation and notifications for normal and abnormal findings
- Verbalize how to utilize the information from the physical assessment to develop and/or update the resident individualized plan of care
- Verbalize the definition of sepsis and recommended guidance on identification of possible sepsis and steps post-acute care nurses can take for quality management
Skilled Nursing Facilities
A light breakfast and lunch will be provided.
There are three training dates to choose from:
Monday, July 23
8:00 am - 4:00 pm
Northwell Health, 145 Community Drive (Conference Room #3), Great Neck, NY 11021
Wednesday, August 1
8:30 am - 4:30 pm
Angello Alumni House at Adelphi University, 154 Cambridge Avenue, Garden City, NY 11530
Thursday, August 2
8:30 am - 4:30 pm
145 Community Drive (Conference Room #1), Great Neck, NY 11021