This activity will be providing one keynote didactic lecture, followed by an interprofessional panel discussion with keynote speaker and three MGH staff (doctor, nurse and community health worker). The goal is to educate MGH employees with clinical and education roles on the importance of the social determinants of health and how they intersect with community health.
Upon completion of this activity, participants will be able to:
- Describe the impact of social determinants of health on patients and communities served by Mass General.
- Identify three population health strategies being implemented through the Partners Accountable Care Organization to address social determinants of health.
- Develop action steps that address SDH in your work environment.
Welcome and Keynote Intro: Katrina Armstrong, MD, MSCE, Physician-in-Chief, Department of Medicine, Massachusetts General Hospital
Keynote Speaker: Sandro Galea, MD, MPH, DrPH, Dean and Robert A. Knox Professor at Boston University School of Public Health
MGH Interprofessional Panel Discussion moderated by Gaurdia Banister, RN, PhD, NEA-BC, FAAN, Executive Director, MGH Institute for Patient Care, Massachusetts General Hospital
- Eric Weil, MD, Chief Medical Officer for Primary Care, Center for Population Health, Partners Healthcare
- Katherine Rushfirth, CNM, MSN, Associate Chief, Vincent Obstetrics and Gynecology Nurse-Midwifery Service, Massachusetts General Hospital
- Ana Cabral, MSW, Manager, Complex Patient Populations CHW’s, MGH Chelsea HealthCare Center, Massachusetts General Hospital
Adjournment of Educational Activity
Partners HealthCare System is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Partners HealthCare System designates this live activity for a maximum of
AMA PRA Category 1 Credit
Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.