After registering, you will receive a confirmation e-mail containing information about joining the meeting. You must register before May 12, 2022 at 5 p.m.
Note to Club Presidents/Leaders: If your club is not represented by a member of your club, you may have a proxy, if you wish your club's vote to be counted. See below.
Training Session for "Election Buddy" - Voting Delegates Only
ZOOM Training sessions—May 10 at 1:00 pm and May 12 at 7:00 pm
- At the sessions, Elizabeth Haynes will provide a brief overview of what the ballots look like (with screen shots) and how they will be distributed. That will be followed by 1-3 practice votes.
- A link for the training sessions will be sent to all registered voting delegates
Saturday, May 14, 2022
- Business Meeting: 8:30 am to 10:30 am
- Awards Ceremony 10:30 am to 11 am
- Proxy Form - Club Delegate - available in Word or PDF - proxy forms are only to be completed by an individual who is representing a club other than her own, as a voting delegate. If you are representing your own club as a voting delegate, you DO NOT have to complete a proxy form.
- MS Word format
- Fillable PDF format
Reference: CFUW OC Bylaw Section 9 - Members' Meetings, it is stated:
9.01 Annual General Meeting
The annual meeting shall be held on a day and at a place within Ontario fixed by the Board. Any member, upon request, shall be provided, not less than twenty-one (21) days before the annual meeting, with a copy of the approved financial statements, auditor’s report or review engagement report and other financial information required by the Bylaws or articles.
The business transacted at the annual meeting shall include:
- receipt of the agenda;
- receipt of the minutes of the previous annual and subsequent special meetings;
- consideration of the financial statements for the year ended March 31, with the accountant's report thereon;
- appointment of the accountant for the coming year;
- election of Directors if required;
- consideration and approval of Ontario Council Policy for advocacy related activity, if any;
- consideration and approval of any Article or Bylaw amendments, if any; and
- such other or special business as may be set out in the notice of meeting.
No other item of business shall be included on the agenda for annual meeting unless a Member’s proposal has been given to the secretary prior to the giving of notice of the annual meeting in accordance with the Act, so that such item of new business can be included in the notice of annual meeting.
Not less than ten (10) and not more than fifty (50) days written notice of any annual or special Members' meeting shall be given in the manner specified in the Act to each Member and to the accountant. Notice of any meeting where special business will be transacted must contain sufficient information to permit the Members to form a reasoned judgment on the decision to be taken. Notice of each meeting must remind the Member of the right to vote by proxy.
9.06 Voting Delegates
Each club shall designate one of its individual members in good standing as its voting delegate and shall notify CFUW Ontario Council of the name of its voting delegate, prior to the start of an annual or special general meeting. Each voting delegate has a single vote.
9.11 Persons Entitled to be Present
The only persons entitled to a Members’ meeting are the Members, Board Members, accountants of the Corporation and others who are entitled or required under any provision of the Act or the articles to be present at the meeting. Any other person may be admitted only if invited by the chair of the meeting. The following persons are also entitled to attend Members’ Meetings as observers:
1. individual members of CFUW Ontario Council Clubs,
2. individual members of CFUW Clubs outside of Ontario.
Clubs unable to have a voting delegate at the AGM shall be entitled to vote by proxy by completing a Proxy Form - Club Delegate. Proxy forms must be submitted by e-mail to email@example.com on or before May 11th, 2022.
Heather Conlin, Secretary
CFUW Ontario Council