Dear Middle School Faculty Leaders,
The CAIS Middle School Leadership Camp is committed to harnessing our students' budding leadership potential. Students are given the opportunity to support and challenge each other as leaders so they can make their own unique mark on society.
It is with great excitement that we invite you and your students to attend the 6
annual CAIS Middle School Leadership Camp. It will run from
Friday, September 20 -
Monday, September 23, 2019,
at Onondaga Camp in Minden, ON.
The MSLC offers a unique opportunity for grade 7 & 8 students from across Canada to learn how to motivate, inspire, and lead others. Supported by their teachers, the staff at Onondaga Camp, and other education professionals, students will discover how their leadership can make decisions with the potential to impact their schools and our world.
The program takes place in an exceptional outdoor learning environment in which we bring like-minded peers from B.C. to Newfoundland to grow and have fun learning together. The weekend will be filled with engaging workshops, keynote speakers, camp activities, and opportunities for genuine student collaboration.
We know that students in grades 7 & 8 are just starting out on their leadership journey. Thus, our goal is to provide them with the tools, experiences,
opportunities to reflect
and connections to help them think about the type of leader they aspire to be and how they can begin to put that into action at their own school.
Last year, over 120 students representing 19 CAIS schools attended. Please know that space is limited, so we urge you to register early, understanding that a maximum of 10 students per school is permitted.
The cost to attend is
ncludes the option of transportation between Toronto and the camp both ways, meals, accommodations, and programming fees. This is less than a 3% increase over last year's fee. The fee also covers the cost to send one faculty advisor; however, if a second faculty advisor attends, your school will be charged a nominal fee of $200.00 to cover additional costs.
There will be two steps to registration:
- MSLC Registration is now open.
- This form confirms your school's commitment. We will reserve spots on a "first come, first registered" basis.
- When registering, you will indicate whether you will make payment with a credit card or a cheque. For those schools that need to postpone payment until July 1, please select the cheque option and contact Margo Jakobschuk.
To register, click this link to the CAIS website:
Space is limited, so be sure to register early!
Once all spots are filled, there will be a waiting list.
Please be aware that a link to a Google doc will be sent in the first week of September to request the following information:
- Name(s) of student(s) and faculty advisor(s) attending
- Dietary restrictions
- Allergies or medical conditions
- Provincial health card number
- Emergency contact name and phone number
- Transportation information - we have a bus for airport pickup and drop off, and a second bus for GTA schools.
- Friday, September 20, 2019 - 12:00 p.m. departure from Havergal (making stops at Holy Trinity School and The Country Day School); 2:00 p.m. departure from Pearson Airport to MSLC.
- Monday, September 23, 2019 - 9:30 a.m. departure from MSLC to Pearson; 10:00 a.m. departure to GTA schools.
- Typically, Montreal schools travel together via bus. More details to follow.
You will also be sent a packing list, schedule, and expectations guide.
We would like to extend a big thank you to our committee of teachers who are continuously engaged in creating a memorable camp experience for all our students: