We encourage you and your colleagues to join us on Tuesday, Oct. 25, 2016 at the John S. Knight Center in downtown Akron for this half-day event dedicated to increasing awareness about the importance of early childhood experiences to a child's future. Through content sessions and interactive, collaborative discussions, we hope you learn ways to better serve Summit County children ages 0 to 8 years old.
Dynamic speaker Dr. Dipesh Navsaria will deliver the keynote presentation during the School Readiness Summit. A pediatrician, occasional children's librarian, public health professional and child health advocate, Navsaria speaks nationally on early literacy, early brain and child development, and child health advocacy and technology. He easily translates basic science and clinical medicine for a wide variety of audiences in order to shape programs and policy.
Ohio Department of Job and Family Services training credit is available.
A preview of the agenda is below:
7:30 - 8:15 a.m. Registration/buffet breakfast
8:15 a.m. Welcome, introductions and acknowledgement of special guests
8:30 a.m. Keynote speaker presentation
9:10 a.m. Superintendents' remarks
9:30 a.m. Break/vendor visitation
9:45 a.m. Breakout One - Content Sessions (8 options)
10:30 a.m. Break/vendor visitation
10:45 a.m. Breakout Two - Community/Neighborhood-Facilitated Discussions
11:30 a.m. Assemble in main room/vendor visitation
11:45 a.m. Wrap-up
Registration costs $20 per individual attendee. We accept PayPal and credit card payments online at the
you will use to register. I
f you need to pay by check or invoice, please email Kaye Rowe.
If you bring a new or gently used book donation to the summit, your name will be entered to win a prize from one of the vendors attending the event. We will donate all collected books to children in Summit County.
Please review the event details below prior to registering:
1. If you are staying for the entire summit, please select one of eight breakout sessions (listed below) on your registration form.
We will assign all attendees who stay for the entire summit to a community/neighborhood-facilitated discussion for the second breakout period.
1. Supporting a Foundation for Summit County's Children: Understanding School Readiness
2. Creating Successful Inclusive Opportunities for All Children
3. How Play is a Game Changer for the Future of Education
4. Creating Brain Building Moments Every Day: The Science Behind Learning, Ages 0 to 5
5. The Impact of Trauma in Early Childhood
6. Infancy and Toddlerhood: Why Attachment is Essential
7. Bridging the 30 Million Word Gap: The Early Years Make the Difference
8. A Discussion with Keynote Speaker, Dr. Dipesh Navsaria
2. If you are registering others in addition to yourself, please select a breakout session for all extra attendees if they are staying for the entire summit.
Please complete the registration form no later than Oct. 7, 2016. Feel free to share this link with others you'd like to invite to the summit.
We look forward to seeing you on Tuesday, Oct. 25, 2016.
Summit Education Initiative