Returning to Pre-Closure
Regular Business Hours
beginning Nov 1st!
Reservations continue to be required
for all access to the club facilities.
HBC Regular Hours
Monday – Friday 5:00 AM –10:00 PM
Saturday & Sunday 7:00 AM – 8:00 PM
Updated Reservation Hours
Lap Swim, Fitness Areas, Indoor Cardio Equipment
Monday – Friday 5:00am – 10:00pm
Saturday & Sunday 7:00am – 8:00pm
Tennis Court Reservations
Monday – Friday 8:00am – 9:45pm
Saturday & Sunday 8:00am – 7:45pm
Thanksgiving Hours (Nov 26th)
Day After Thanksgiving (Nov 27th)
7:00am – 8:00pm
Due to the Extreme High Wind Storm
we have reorganized the Outdoor Fitness Area, moving the Weight Training Equipment back into the club,
well distanced for safety.
New Lap Swim Reservation Policies
We have limited capacity in the pool due to the
Alameda County Health Dept Guidelines restricting
circle swimming/shared lanes.
Lap Swimming popularity has escalated
dramatically during the pandemic.
Therefore, we ask all members to please book
no more than 4 to 5 times per week and no more
than 1 hour each day.
Failure to comply may result in restrictions placed in the
appointment system to limit lane access.
- Please book 30 min. swim appts no more than 5 times per week
- Please book 60 min. swim appts no more than 3 times per week (be sure you need a full hour when booking 60 minutes)
- No Shows will be charged at $10
- As a courtesy to your fellow members, please don't overbook
Guidelines for Lap Swimming
Updated Nov 1, 2020
1. Lap Swimming will be Online reservation only (no drop-in’s, no guests – only members who have reserved a lane are allowed). You may reserve a lane for one 30 minute session (5 times/wk) OR one 60 minute session (3 times/wk), one per day, up to 8 days in advance and can be booked up to 15 minutes prior to swim time.
Lanes are for Lap Swimming or Water Walking only.
2. Pool Hours: Lap Swim/ Water Walking are open
Monday – Friday 5:00am – 10:00pm and Saturday & Sunday 7:00am – 8:00pm.
3. Lanes will be limited to one person per lane unless all swimmers in the lane are from the same household or living unit. Always maintain at least 6 feet of physical distance between each other at all times per Alameda County Health Dept. All swimmers must be at least 18 years of age (see exception).
*Exception: Swimmers ages 14 - 17 may Lap Swim if they are on a Family Membership. Guardian must accompany teen at check-in.
** Any swimmer needing a caregiver, aide or guardian while swimming must include name their name in the Lane Reservation Notes. That person may bring their own furniture (chair, umbrella) as long as it is not shared and is removed from the premises when they leave.
4. Lanes can be reserved for one swimmer for one 30- minute session or one 60- minute session and in a specific lane. No back to back reservation may be made. You must enter the lane exactly at the reserved time and exit promptly when your time is up, allowing sufficient time for the next arrivals. Failure to exit promptly will result in a forfeiture of future reservations privileges.
(Lanes will be Marked with a Blue Cone 1- 6).
5. All Lanes must Enter and Exit at side without blue cone.
6. Do not enter the pool until the previous swimmer is out.
You must wait in the designated waiting area for each lane until the previous swimmer exits the pool. If it is your time to swim, announce your presence to the current swimmer.
7. Family Swim: One member will make the reservation online in their name and enter all names of the other family members who will lap swim with them in the reservation notes.
* All family members must be on the HBC Family Membership.
8. Circle Swimming is not permitted unless all swimmers are from the same household.
9. Harbor Bay Club requires all members to wear a face covering from your vehicle to check-in and when entering and leaving the pool. Face coverings must be worn when out of the water whenever 6 feet of physical distancing cannot be maintained, unless exempt under the face covering order.
10. Entrance to the club for Lap Swimming will be at the main Fitness Center Door. You will be checked in by the Service Desk staff to confirm your reservation lane and time. You will exit the Fitness Center to the pool deck to wait for your lane.
11. Please do not arrive at the club more than 10 minutes before your lane reservation start time.
12. Follow all entrance and exit signs for entering and leaving the pool. Maintain at least 6 feet of physical distance between each other while waiting for your lane and when leaving the pool area.
13. Sharing equipment is prohibited per Alameda County Health Dept. Equipment will not be provided by the Harbor Bay Club.
14. Bring your own water bottle, swimming equipment and towel. Club towels will not be provided. Drinking fountains & water jugs will be unavailable. Members must dispose all trash in trash bins before leaving or take with you.
15. Hot Tub is closed per Alameda County Health Dept.
16. Lounges & chairs are not available. Each lane will have a designated table for you to place your personal belongings on.
17. Restroom facilities in the JR. Locker Room will be available. Observe social distancing while waiting.
18. No showers are available. No changing areas are available. No changing on deck or on the club property.
19. Cancellation policy: Since we are only allowed to have 1 member per lane, each spot is very important to all members. Therefore, you must cancel your reservation online at least 24 hours prior to reserved time. If you NO-SHOW or Cancel less than 24 hours prior to swim time reservation, there will be a cancellation fee of $10.
Additional General Guidelines:
- After Swimming leave the pool area as soon as reasonably possible.
- No extra-curricular or social activity should take place. No congregation after class.
- All Swimmers should leave the facility immediately after lap swim time ends.
- Avoid touching gates, fences, benches, etc. if you can.
To review all the latest e-blasts sent regarding the different activities that has re-opened please visit www.harborbayclub.com