GW Regulatory Studies
- Beyond Republicans and the Disapproval of Regulations: A New Empirical Approach to the Congressional Review Act, Steven J. Balla, Bridget C.E. Dooling & Daniel R. Pérez
- How Many Short-Term Training Programs Would Gain Access to Pell Grants under the New Proposal?, Jason Cohn
- Applying Equity Awareness In Data Privacy Methods, Claire Bowen & Joshua Snoke
- Better Procedures and Regulations are Not an Answer to the Loss of Trust in Government, William Funk
- A Wise and Balanced Case for Shoving the Pendulum Toward Technocracy, Richard Murphy
- Expertise and Polarization, Zachary Price
- Expertise Redux, Michael Herz
American Action Forum
- A Ho-hum Start to Spring, Dan Goldbeck
- The Ins and Outs of IPPS and OPPS, Jackson Hammond
- The Federal Spending Challenge, Douglas Holtz-Eakin
- Here are the Kinds of Jobs Chat AI is Likeliest to Affect, Brent Orrell
- Request for Comment: Identifying and Reducing Burdens in Administrative Processes, due by 4/17
- Silicon Valley Bank Purchaser Evades Tougher Regulatory Scrutiny, David Dayen
- The Fed’s Silicon Valley Bank Cover-Up Won’t Work, David Dayen
Bipartisan Policy Center
- Yes/No: Should Semiconductor Support Be Conditional on Child Care?, Dane Stangler & Linda Smith
- UK’s Landmark Effort to Stop Dirty Money Flowing into its Real Estate Sector May Be Working, Matthew Collin et al.
- How Generative AI Impacts Democratic Engagement, Sarah Kreps & Douglas Kriner
- How California and other states are tackling AI legislation, Sorelle Friedler et al.
C. Boyden Gray Center
- Event: 2nd Annual Gray Lecture on the Administrative State, 3/31
- CFPB Going after Fees Would Restrict Credit Access, Nicholas Anthony
- Organ Transplant Policy Reform, Peter Van Doren
- Podcast: Effects of Deregulation During Jimmy Carter’s Presidency, Paul Matzko
- How Exemptions From Securities Laws Put Investors and the Economy at Risk, Tyler Gellasch et al.
- Are Administrative Law Courts More Trouble Than They’re Worth?, Stone Washington
- Inside the Carbon Cult, Kevin D. Williamson
- Event: RegTech 2023 Data Summit: Data Modernization under the Financial Data Transparency Act, 4/11 (w/ RSC’s Bridget Dooling)
Economic Policy Inst.
- Employers Regularly Engage in Tactics to Suppress Unions, Christine McNicholas et al.
- A Few Questions About Crypto Asset Regulation for SEC Chair Gensler, Patrick Daugherty
- What Happened in the Student Loan Forgiveness Oral Arguments?, Thomas Koenig
Free State Foundation
- Regardless of Its Composition, the FCC Should Avoid the Title II Morass, Andrew Long
- Oversight of Agency Spending: Implementing GAO Recommendations Could Help Address Previously Identified Challenges at Commerce, DOE, and EPA
- Sustainable Aviation Fuel: Agencies Should Track Progress Toward Ambitious Federal Goals
- Food Prices: Information on Trends, Factors, and Federal Roles
- How Government Agencies Can Fix Their Customer-Service Problem, Sydney Heimbrock et al.
- Chaotic Consequences of Redefining Rules, EJ Antoni
- Europe’s Cloud Security Regime Should Focus on Technology, Not Nationality, Nigel Cory
- A Path to Social Security Reform, Chris Pope
- Energy, the Master Resource, Richard Morrison
- A Conservation Approach Where Everyone Wins, Tate Watkins & Shawn Regan
- Bank Interventions in Long-Run Context, Andrew Metrick & Paul Schmelzing
- The Rising Cost of Stagnant Immigration Policy, Cecilia Esterline
- Event: How Telehealth Can Maximize Access to Opioid Use Disorder Treatment, 3/30
Progressive Policy Inst.
- Japan’s Digital Transformation Could Be Hindered By Proposed Mobile Platform Regulations, Michael Mandel
- Banning TikTok is a Power the Federal Government Doesn't Deserve, Robby Soave
- Federal Courts Clash Over Financial Watchdog's Constitutionality, David McGarry
- How Bad are Your State's Occupational Licensing Requirements?, J.D. Tuccille
- Toward Clarity and Consensus on “E”SG, Devin Hartman
Resources for the Future
- Hydrogen Tax Credits, IPCC Report, and More, Matt Flack et al.
- Energy Transition in Canada’s Oil Sands, Andrew Leach & Daniel Raimi
- Event: Benefit-Cost Analysis for Beginners, 4/28
- Power Corrupts, Emily S. Bremer
- Climate Risk and Canadian Banks: Is More Capital Required?, Glen Hodgson
The Regulatory Review
- Mobility Justice: How Regulators Can Make Transportation Systems More Accessible