Dear Marching Band and Color Guard Parents,
CONGRATULATIONS to our amazing Viking Marching Band on their 5A wins for both band and color guard and their sweepstakes award in music effect last Saturday!
Now we're on our way to Simi Valley this Saturday for a 6:45 pm performance time. We have put together an itinerary with detailed information on your student's day;
you can download it directly here.
Important Times for Saturday
- 8:45 am: Rehearsal starts at Samohi
- 6:45 pm: Vikings' showtime at Simi Valley High School
- If you would like to attend, plan to arrive at least 30-45 minutes beforehand to allow for parking and seating. Entry is only allowed between each performance.
- 9:45 pm: Pick up at Samohi, after truck is unloaded — please ask your student to contact you on the way home
Where Is the Tournament?
The Simi Valley Band Spectacular
will be held at Simi Valley High School at
5400 Cochran St, Simi Valley, CA 93063.
Driving time depends on traffic, but it takes 35-45 minutes to get there.
For Students: What to Bring
- Water in a reusable container
- Your Dinkles and black socks
- Royal blue practice shirt and shorts/leggings
- A packed lunch to eat at Samohi and money for concessions if you want them. Dinner and a snack will be served at the competition.
- School work and reading books for downtime
- Warm clothes/jacket to change into after your performance
For Parents: What to Do
- Drive out to cheer at the competition. Tournaments run all day; our kids' show time is 6:45 pm. Make sure to come earlier to support the band and our host school. Entrance is $10 for adults, $5 for students/seniors. There is parking at the stadium.
- Cheer with your Viking Parents Tribe! Join the crowd of blue and gold in the stands!
- Take loads of photos and share in our Flickr Stream! Flickr login info: samohiband/vikingband100
Send us a line:
Many thanks for all of your support!