Dear Marching Band and Color Guard Parents,
again to the Viking Marching Band on their 5A wins for both band and color guard last Saturday!
Now we're on our way to Santa Clarita for an 8 pm performance time at Cougar Stadium. We have put together an itinerary with detailed information on your student's day;
you can download it directly here.
Important Times for Saturday
- 9:45 am: Rehearsal starts at Samohi
- 8 pm: Vikings' showtime at Cougar Stadium (see performance schedule)
- If you would like to attend, plan to arrive at least 30-45 minutes beforehand to allow for parking and seating.
- 11 pm: Pick up at Samohi, after truck is unloaded — please ask your student to contact you on the way home
Where Is the Tournament?
Hart Rampage will be held at College of the Canyons Cougar Stadium,
26455 Rockwell Canyon Road, Santa Clarita, 91355. Driving time depends on traffic, but it can take anywhere between 35 minutes and an hour to get there.
For Students: What to Bring
- Water in a reusable container
- Dinkles and black socks
- Royal blue practice shirt and shorts/leggings
- A packed lunch to eat at Samohi and money for concessions if you want them. Dinner will be served at the competition.
- School work and reading books for downtime
- Warm clothes/jacket to change into after your performance
- Portable phone charger if you have one!
For Parents: What to Do
- Drive out to watch the competition! (See the full performance schedule here.) Tournaments run all day; our kids' show time is 8 pm. Come earlier to support the band and our host school. Entrance is $10 for adults, $8 for students/seniors. There is parking at the north end of the stadium.
- Cheer with your Viking Parents Tribe! Join the crowd of blue and gold in the stands!
- Take photos and share in our Flickr Stream! Flickr login info: email@example.com/vikingband100
Send us a line:
Many thanks for all of your support!