South Atlantic Fishery Management Council Meeting
December 2-6, 2019
Register Now to Attend via Webinar; Public Comment Open
Join members of the South Atlantic Fishery Management Council for their December 2-6, 2019 meeting at the Hotel Ballast, 301 N. Water Street, Wilmington, NC 28401. The meeting week includes a series of committee meetings and concludes with a meeting of the Full Council.
The meeting briefing book materials, including agendas, overviews, and discussion documents, are available from the Council's website. Members of the public are welcome to attend the meetings in person or listen in via webinar. The public comment period is open and webinar links are provided below.
- Red Snapper - The Council is considering actions to eliminate the current three-day minimum number of fishing days required for the red snapper seasons (recreational or commercial) to open, and to change the start date of the commercial fishing season to May 1st from the current 2nd Monday in July. The Council is scheduled to approve the measures in Snapper Grouper Regulatory Amendment 33 at this meeting.
- Mackerel Cobia - The Council is scheduled to approve measures affecting king mackerel commercial trip limits in season two (Framework Amendment 8). The Mackerel Cobia Committee will also discuss accountability measures for the Spanish mackerel fishery.
- Citizen Science - The Council's Citizen Science Committee will receive updates on the pilot projects SAFMC Scamp Release and FISHstory, review research priorities, discuss program evaluation, and more.
- Dolphin Wahoo - The Dolphin Wahoo Committee will continue to discuss management options for both dolphin and wahoo to include in draft Amendment 10 to the Dolphin Wahoo Fishery Management Plan.
- Wednesday, December 4 - Formal Public Comment 4:00 PM
- Online Public Comment
Members of the public may provide written comments on agenda items via the Council's Online Comment Form. Comments may also be viewed online as they are posted. Additional details are available from the December Council Meeting page.
- Meeting via Webinar - Listen to the meeting and view presentations via webinar each day as the meeting occurs. Registration required. Click the links below to register ahead for each day and receive an email reminder.