May 27, 2020
Reminder: Blue Box Program
Consultations on June 16 and 17
Dear Blue Box stakeholders,
Thank you to those who have registered for one of the Blue Box Program Transition Plan consultation webinars.
For those who have not yet registered and wish to attend, please do so using the links below.
We will be hosting three webinar consultations focused primarily on matters affecting specific stakeholder groups during transition:
Tuesday, June 16, 2020
10:00 - 11:30 a.m.
Municipalities, First Nations communities and the waste management industry
1:00 - 2:30 p.m.
Wednesday, June 17, 2020
Environment non-government organizations and other stakeholders
1:00 - 2:30 p.m.
The consultation webinars will be an opportunity to review and comment on how Stewardship
Ontario intends to implement the Minister's direction outlined in his August 15, 2019
- Demonstrating transparency and meaningful consultation;
- Supporting competition and preventing conflict of interest;
- Demonstrating fairness to stewards and protecting consumers; and
- Maintaining program performance.
Other matters of interest to be presented include:
- The proposed process and timelines for transition and related costs;
- The proposed approach to ensure continuity of funding for municipalities;
- Anticipated changes to the method Stewardship Ontario is proposing to determine steward fees during transition; and
- How reserve funds will be applied to offset transition costs and steward fees.
Your involvement and feedback will be essential as we work towards finalizing the Blue Box Program Transition Plan.
Background information is available on our website.