Quick Start is taking place this week!
As we approach the start of the school year on Monday, August 30, we are emailing a few important details:
- Quick Start Registration and Student Schedules
- Important Forms
1. Quick Start Registration and Student Schedules
Quick Start Registration will take place Thursday, August 19 and Friday, August 20. Quick Start is a drop-in, pop-in event where students and families submit important forms, take ID photos, collect technology, and receive their schedule. Here is a list of what takes place at Quick Start:
- Receive Chromebooks/technology
- We will be a 1:1 school this year (one device for each student)!
If your student will need a device, please let us know using this survey; students may also use their own device
- Photos taken for school IDs (students will receive their ID during the first week of school)
- Student photographs will also be used for student Ventra cards (allowing reduced fares on the CTA)
- For students that attend Quick Start, school IDs should be available the first week of school
- Receive Student Schedules
The following items should be completed in advance and prior to Quick Start Registration:
- Submit Medical and Health Forms (for directions on how to submit forms, see below)
- Submit CPS Income Form, Messaging, and Media Consent Forms (for directions on how to submit forms, see below)
Pay Yearly Fee (General Fee and Technology Fee) - $450 per student
- See the "Lion's Roar Newsletter" from Sunday, August 15 for more information
Student fees are only paid online -- a debit or credit card is required; no cash or check payments will be accepted
Fees should be paid in advance, using these directions
- We will have kiosks/computers available for families that cannot pay in advance
Students must be present at Quick Start.
Here is the schedule for Quick Start:
- Thursday, August 19
- Freshmen, 8:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.
- Sophomores, 12:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.
- Friday, August 20
- Juniors, 8:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.
- Seniors, 12:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.
We strongly encourage families to visit LP at the date and time that corresponds to their student’s grade level, but families may attend any of the times above.
Make-up Quick Start will take place on the first day of school -- more information is forthcoming.
2. Important Forms
The following forms should be completed in advance of Quick Start:
If families are unable to complete these forms in advance of Quick Start, forms will be available to complete in-person at Quick Start.
To recap, the following forms should should be completed in advance of Quick Start: