Tall Oaks and the Camp & Conference Coordinating Team are working hard to plan for a fun, spiritually renewing, and safe environment for everyone coming to Tall Oaks in 2023. As part of this commitment, our summer camp program provides a Camp Nurse at each session, and we are still in search for a medical professional(s) to serve at a couple of our camps in June.
The Camp Nurse position attends and participates in as many camp activities as they desire and / or are available during that specific camp, so as to be available in the event of an emergency. To serve as the Camp Nurse for one of these camping sessions, the person needs to be licensed or certified as an RN, LPN, MD, EMT, or similar training. Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Reviewing medical information and food allergies of each camper and counselor prior to camp, along with the Camp Director and Tall Oaks Food Service Coordinator.
· Tracking and dispensing medications (Rx and OTC) and nebulizer treatments as appropriate
· Performing basic first aid as necessary
· Assisting in transporting injured campers/staff to a local hospital/urgent care if necessary
The Camp Nurse will have private lodging and all meals are provided with campers in the dining hall, in addition to the beautiful grounds of Tall Oaks Camp & Conference Center. There is a stipend that varies for each camp, since some camps are overnight, and some are just during the day. While the stipend varies for each session, based on time, the average is about $75 / day plus private lodging, meals, and fun!
Please email your resume, along with your available dates to the Camp & Conference 2023 Coordinating Team or call the office of the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) of Greater Kansas City (913) 432-1414. Do not delay – this is a great opportunity!
· June 1 – 4 – Adult Camp (generally Young Adults, though open to 19+)
· June 9 – 11 – Grandparents 1
· June 20 – 25 – CYF Camp (overlaps with Day Camp)
· June 21 – Day Camp (overlaps with CYF Camp)