Our shoppers and donors have been waiting for the shop to complete the necessary reopening preparations. We’ve heard from many of you and are grateful that you’ve stayed in touch. We are so excited at the prospect of seeing everyone, and we thank you for your patience.
Thrift Shop Manager Christine Quinn said, “This is a lot more than we expected to have to deal with. We feel your pain! We’re there with you.” During the “pandemic pause,” Thrift Shop staff cleaned and reorganized the shop, making significant improvements that will make for a better shopping experience. They also developed procedures to meet the retail Covid-19 precautions (many of you are familiar with them if you have been shopping lately) that are state-mandated in Massachusetts. Christine said, “We’re excited at how beautiful the shop looks now. And we have a great selection of summer clothes.”
Here are some new things you will see once we reopen, with most subject to change when updates are needed.
CARING FOR STAFF AND VOLUNTEERS:
We have a very small staff and not all of our volunteers are able to return just yet, so please be patient and kind.
MASKS ARE ESSENTIAL:
Wear your mask while waiting your turn to enter the shop, shopping, and dropping off donations.
Due to safety concerns in the parking lot, we can not accommodate a big line, but we will provide a safe waiting space for a limited number of people.
- The number of shoppers will be limited.
- Hand sanitizing stations will be provided at the door and throughout the shop.
- The restroom will be closed to the public.
- The dressing rooms will be closed as per the Governor’s mandate, and as a reminder, our No Return Policy remains in place.
- Due to the crowds on Thrifty Thursdays, Thrifty Thursday is on hold for now. We are heartbroken about this! Everybody loves it and we love the energy. But we need to keep everyone as safe as possible.
CHECK OUT CHANGES:
There will be social distancing precautions taken at check out including: customers will be asked to bag their own items in a bag we will provide.
- Donations will be accepted every other week.
- We will limit the amount of donations — subject to change.
- Donations will be taken at the side of the building. Parking is limited to two cars at a time. (Same as before we closed.)
- We will not take donations unless you are wearing a mask.
OUR HOURS WILL CHANGE:
- We will have new hours, to be announced.
- Given that the Thrift Shop is selling nonessential items (much as we all love thrifting!), our hours will be open to everyone.
YOU KNOW, WE ALL WANT TO GET IN THERE AND SHOP. WHEN CAN WE???
Our reopening date will be announced on Facebook, in our newsletter, and on our website. Stay tuned.
Thank you for your support.