Join us for a webinar to talk through several of the ballot propositions and how they might affect people with disabilities and their families. The webinar will cover:
Prop 15 - Taxes on commercial property
Prop 16 - Allow public agencies to consider diversity
Prop 19 - Changes in property tax rules
Prop 21 - Local governments and rent control
Prop 22 - Employment status of rideshare and delivery drivers
Bring your questions about the other propositions and we will try to answer them!
Allen Erenbaum, Attorney and Parent
Emma Erenmark, Disability Vote California
More presenters to be announced
This is a Disability Vote California webinar. Disability Vote California is a coalition of self-advocate and family-led organizations joining with disability rights groups, service providers, regional centers, advocates, and others to ensure that the disability community is educated about their right to vote and understand how the issues and candidates affect us. We plan to:
- Host weekly webinars on voting access, the ballot propositions, and the competitive races in California
- Hold candidate and issue forums
- Produce plain language voter education materials
- Provide outreach to assist and encourage self-advocates, families and professionals to vote
- Create phone trees, text chains, and What’s App groups to remind people in the disability community to vote
- Activate a social media campaign
For more information
To listen to simultaneous translation in Spanish:
Call 551-241-6310. There is no access code.
The webinar ID is 814 6139 4085. There is no password.