Did you know....
Too many holds coming in all at once?
Freeze your requests!
Holds can be ‘frozen’ to retain your place in the hold queue, which postpones when the hold gets filled if you’ll be away or you want to delay a request.
To freeze holds on your computer:
- Log into your account on CountyCat. From the list of holds, check the appropriate boxes from the ‘Freeze’ column, then select ‘Update List.’
- Choose 'YES' in response to the confirmation message that comes up next. The holds will remain frozen until you ‘unfreeze’ them.
To freeze holds on your mobile device using the CountyCat Mobile App:
- Under ‘My Account’, click on ‘Held Items.’
- Tap the ‘Freeze’ button under the held item(s) you wish to postpone. A pop up window will appear advising the hold has been updated. The ‘Freeze’ button will now say ‘Unfreeze’.
IMPORTANT: Staff are not able to unfreeze your frozen holds. This is something you must do within your CountyCat record, either using a web browser or the mobile catalog app.
Reasons why a title cannot be frozen include:
- Titles are in transit.
- Titles were just placed on hold and technically still available.
- Titles are ready for pickup.
- Titles have been on hold more than 255 days.