Friends – this Merit Messenger is dedicated to getting you ready for the re-start of the construction industry. For some of you, that will be today. For others, that will be in the coming days. Regardless of when it occurs, the following information is going to be critical to you, your employees and your projects.
Late Wednesday evening, the Governor’s office released the guidelines to keep construction projects going and to start (or re-start) others. You can find the new guidelines
What do the new guidelines tell us? The good news is they reflect what most, if not all of you, are already doing to keep people safe. Some quick bullet points:
- Social distancing and reduced density are required. Keep people limited to one person for every 250 sq. ft of space. Keep people 6 ft apart unless it creates a safety issue or the work task requires people to work closely together
- Cloth facial coverings will be required and OSHA approved PPE when inside the 6 ft. recommendation
- Daily screenings of staff to reduce COVID exposure
- Safety plans need to be onsite and accessible
- An onsite staff member will need to be identified to enforce your safety policy