We want to assure you that we take the health and well-being of our community, customers, and teachers very seriously. I want to go over what is going into our reopening schedule and how we will proceed through the month of May and June.
Since the governor announced the opening of full Phase 1, I have been talking and meeting with teachers and staff as well as some of you on how to proceed in the best and safest way possible.
As of Monday, May 18th the studio will begin to open with our staff only to be sure they are comfortable and trained on keeping the policies that will ensure the best experience at the studio.
We will be resuming a limited and safe schedule as of Monday, May 25th. Our policies will be as follows:
- We ask you arrive to classes no earlier than 15 minutes before the scheduled class, and please do not arrive late.
- Please sign in on the website before the class to ensure space is available, and pay online for classes or please call the studio no less than 30 minutes prior to class to reserve your spot. Studio staff will be answering phones at (813)501-4987 they can check you in online if you cannot sign up on the website.
- All classes will have a front desk and most will have a room attendant to help with check in and set up. On classes that are busier, we will try to check you in prior to entering the building to assure you are not held up in the lobby.
- Class size will be limited; however, we have a rather large space so we can ensure plenty of space between students with a maximum of 15 allowed in the large studio (Stillpoint) and 10 allowed in the smaller studio (Shakti).
- Please enter the studio with as little as possible as we don't want to worry with the cubbies for anything other than shoes. You may bring your keys and cell phone in the studio if you must, but we ask all phones be turned off.
- You will be asked to bring your own props.
- We will not have the kitchen available for coffee or tea, and water fountains are not able to be used either. So please bring your own water bottle.
- Teachers will orderly dismiss classes so as to avoid you all trying to leave at once.
- If you are not feeling well, have had a fever or respiratory issues within the past 2 weeks; please do not come to class.
- Cancellations will be charged if you sign up but do not come in- so please book if you are sure you are able to make it in.
- We will inact a wait-list for you to be notified if class space opens up.
- For the month of May and June, we will not have heated yoga classes. We are adjusting this to ensure the safety of all, but mostly the staff who is asked to clean.
We respect not only your safety, but the wishes of our teachers- if you feel more comfortable wearing a mask, you may do so, and if the teacher determines they would feel more comfortable with students wearing a mask, then we respect the teacher's feelings.
Please check the class descriptions to ensure you are in compliance with the class proticol.
Of course, we will have sanitizer and cleaning supplies as always. All of the floors, surfaces and bathrooms will be sanitized and wiped down. We have always done this and always will.
I will be sending updates with class openings and procedures. This week, I will be hosting a few "test" classes to make sure things run as expected. Some of the classes will be available via recording and Zoom- just keep an eye on the schedule for those announcements.
We trust you understand that we are doing our absolute best as a small business to go above and beyond. This is a trying time for all of us. I have the best staff, the best teachers and the best customers out there. Be patient. Practice patience. Practice yoga principles for these coming weeks to help us get open and stay open. If you have any questions, problems or concerns please direct them to me. I am always willing to help, and would appreciate feedback come to me rather than the desk.