Fredericksburg, Virginia, March 3, 2020
- All three floors of
of Central Rappahannock Regional Library (CRRL) will be reorganized and get improvements in March and April to accomplish several key goals. Once the renovations are complete:
- The first floor will house adult fiction, and be devoted to the highest-circulating parts of the collection, including new books, hot genres, and DVDs. Customers will be able to find the most popular materials easily.
- Adult materials will be moved off of the second floor, which will be devoted entirely to youth services.
- Attractive new shelves will be installed on the first and third floors. (New shelving will be installed on the second floor in the fall.)
- The third floor will house adult nonfiction and study rooms, and will be opened up to the public sometime in April. This will be the first time in the history of CRRL that the third floor of Fredericksburg Branch will be a public browsing, studying, and meeting space.
There will be some necessary customer service interruptions:
- The adult collections will be closed March 9-April 3. A small selection of titles, including new releases, will still be available.
- Fredericksburg Branch will be closed for renovations March 9, 23, and 24.
The second floor youth services collection rooms will
not be closed for this project.