Dear Economic Development Partner,
Reporting Lost Property, Theft/Attempted Theft or Vandalism
The Long Beach Police Department’s (LBPD)
Online Police Reporting System
allows you to submit a police report online in the following categories
hit and run – parked vehicle
harassing phone calls
- If you have no suspect information or physical evidence, you may file a report online at www.longbeach.gov/police or call (562) 570-7260.
- Send the report number with your address, name, email, contact information to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you have video footage, pictures or license plate numbers or other evidence you need to document, save and record, call (562) 435-6711 so that a patrol officer can be dispatched to take a report and collect the evidence.
To submit a report online:
- The crime must have occurred in the City of Long Beach.
- You must be at least 18 years old.
- You must have a valid e-mail address.
Recommended Insurance Documentation Process
If your business and/or property experienced lost property, theft/attempted theft or vandalism, it is recommended that you follow the insurance documentation process below.
- Take photos of everything before doing any clean-up. In addition to the physical damage, this includes taking photos of shelves that have been knocked over, inventory on the floor, etc.
- To the best of your ability, take an inventory and make a comprehensive list of what was destroyed and/or what is missing.
- Call your insurance carrier (e.g. agent or broker) and explain the situation and follow their guidance as to next steps.
- Find out from your insurance policy (as explained by your agent or broker) what (if anything) is covered by Business Interruption Coverage and/or any other itemized disaster coverage listed in your insurance policy.
Follow Us on Social Media