Final fringe benefit rates for fiscal year 2021 have been confirmed
. These rates are effective immediately and should be used when preparing budget estimates to be included in proposals for extramural support.
To facilitate the transition to these new rates, budgets that are in process will be accepted at the old rate until July 20, 2020 at which time
will require the adoption of fiscal year 2021 rates.
Fiscal year 2021 rates are as follows:
- Faculty and unclassified staff: 30%
- University support staff: 44%
- Student hourly employees and enrolled graduate research assistants and graduate teaching assistants with appointments less than 0.5 time: 1%
- Student hourly employees and non-enrolled graduate research assistants and graduate teaching assistants with appointments less than 0.5 time: 8.7%
- Graduate research assistants and graduate teaching assistants enrolled in six hours or more and who have appointments of 0.5 time or greater: 10% — this includes the percentage allocable to employer's share of health insurance
Please circulate this notification to all who need to know these new rates.
Call PreAward Services at 785-532-6804 or email