To Our Community:
It has been over two months since the COVID-19 pandemic changed everything. Our staff have taken significant measures to modify the way we work and interact with clients and community, so that we can continue to provide our essential social services while keeping all of us healthy, safe and well.
I am extremely proud of the way our team rose to meet the challenges of COVID-19. Across our 20+ locations and 40+ programs throughout British Columbia, the creativity and resilience shown by our team have resulted in minimal service disruptions as we sought to innovate new ways of connecting with and serving the individuals and families who depend on us.
As we enter Phase 2 of our Province's COVID-19 response, and approach it with some relief and optimism, we must remain cautious. At SOURCES, all programs and locations have their own customized COVID-19 Prevention Plan that lays out the policies, guidelines and procedures in place to reduce the risk of COVID-19 transmission. These plans are posted on site per the order of the Provincial Health Officer and WorkSafeBC. Below are some points that apply to all programs and locations:
WHAT SOURCES IS DOING FOR YOU
- Modifying service delivery methods and hours to reduce risk and anxiety
- Offering remote (e.g. phone or video conferencing) appointments when possible
- Limiting the number of staff on location to ensure a safe physical distance
- Attending work only if healthy and not symptomatic
- Accommodating staff to work from home to minimize service disruption
- Installing signage with reminders to wash hands, maintain distance, etc.
- Placing floor markers to ensure minimum distance is adhered to
- Establishing maximum occupancy limits for all locations
- Enhancing sanitation and frequency of cleaning by our Concierge Team and by staff (e.g. disinfecting common touchpoints before and after use by a visitor)
- Wearing Personal Protective Equipment when needed
- Posting regular updates on our COVID-19 response publicly and online
WHAT SOURCES IS ASKING OF YOU
- Before visiting any of our offices or locations, please phone, email or otherwise contact that office or location in advance to confirm their availability and check their procedures. If possible, make an appointment (drop-in visits are not recommended)
- Do not visit if you are symptomatic (stay home if you are sick)
- If you are symptomatic and must visit, wear a face mask
- Read and adhere to posted signage
- Maintain a physical distance of 6 ft or 2 m
- Sanitize hands upon entry
- Wash hands as often as necessary
- Practice respiratory hygiene
In general, our programs remain open
to provide direct and in-person, or modified (e.g. telephone, video conferencing) services to clients, with some exceptions. Please note that response times may be longer than normal, as we limit the number of staff in offices to allow for physical distancing and allow more time in the work day to disinfect common touchpoints more frequently.
Your patience with us as we adjust to this "new normal" is much appreciated. SOURCES will continue to deliver our essential social services. Our key focus will always be on the health, safety and well-being of our team, clients and community.
Thank you for your support and understanding.
Chief Executive Officer