Policies are an essential part of running a professional child care business. Clear policies help families understand the boundaries of the provider-parent relationship.
Discussing policies upon enrollment is part of building a good parent-provider relationship. Regularly reviewing and updating policies ensures they continue to meet business needs.
Some things to consider when creating or updating child care program policies:
· What is the illness policy
· What are the hours and days of operation
· How is an enrollment waitlist managed
· What are the payment schedules and
· What is the procedure/charge for late
· Can families provide snacks and food
· What does the daily schedule include
· Are any screenings or developmental
· What is the emergency plan