Reminders: All previous bulletins and other resources listed at
. Resource requests from our community institutions listed at the end of this bulletin. Send any questions to
City of Peoria Economic Development COVID Resource Calls
The City is hosting weekly calls to communicate upcoming COVID-19 related financial and other resources on Thursdays from 1-1:40 on Zoom. For more information send an email to
to request an invitation code to attend. The next call will be Thursday April 23, 2020. The topic will be Community Development Block Grant Funding.
Illinois Liquor Control Commission Reminder on Restaurant Pre-Mixed Drinks
The Illinois Liquor Control Commission has received inquiries from bars and restaurants seeking authority to sell pre-mixed drinks/cocktails “to-go” and for “delivery” in the non-original packaging. The Commission has not authorized the sale of premixed cocktails in non-original containers for off-premises consumption. Read their bulletin
Illinois DCEO Technical Assistance Webinars
The Illinois Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity's Regional Economic Development Team, Office of Minority Economic Empowerment, and the Small Business Association will be hosting technical assistance webinars to support businesses and workers across Illinois. Panelist include: Matthew Simpson, DCEO African American Business Development Manager; Jonathan McGee, Acting DCEO Deputy Director of Regional Economic Development; and Bo Steiner, Illinois District Director for the Small Business Administration. The webinar for our region will be Friday, May 8, 2020 from 2:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m. Registration is free but required
Resources for the Beauty Industry
One of the hardest hit industries has been the beauty industry (hair stylists, barbers, estheticians). These businesses are often run as sole proprietorships with no additional employees, making them ineligible for many of the state and federal programs. The delay in unemployment filing for the self-employed is an additional hardship. The Professional Beauty Association has put together a set of industry resources regarding the virus here. They also have a small grant program ($500 max) for beauty professionals facing financial difficulties. Find more
- Community Foundation of Central Illinois: Requesting monetary donations for the Central Illinois Disaster Recovery Fund. Information https://communityfoundationci.org/. Morton Chamber & EDC addition: The Morton Community Foundation has also announced a Morton Area Disaster Relief Fund for organizations serving those affected by COVID-19. Donations are being matched to up to $10,000. Donate here.
- UnityPoint Health: UnityPoint is seeking personal protective equipment (PPE) and other medical supplies. They are als in search of medical personnel to help them prepare in the event that there is an influx of sick patients. Information here.
- OSF Healthcare: OSF seeking personal protective equipment (PPE), ventilators and other supplies. Information here.
- Peoria Innovation Alliance: PIA is gathering the maker community to discuss ways individuals and small companies can make supplies like masks. Information here.
- Heartland Health Services: Seeking personal protective equipment, medical supplies, hand sanitizer, and disinfectant wipes unopened. More information here.
- UICOMP Accepting Handmade Masks – The University of Illinois College of Medicine is accepting donations of handmade masks. Details can be found here.
- IWIRC: Seeking standard PPE such as N-95/surgical/home-made masks, face shields, gowns, and latex-free gloves. Donated supplies can be dropped off at their downtown Peoria clinic location at 736 SW Washington St. Information here.
- Morton Chamber & EDC addition: Community Harvest and Midwest Food Bank are soliciting monetary donations to help support the influx of requests for food.Visit their sites for more info.
- Morton Chamber & EDC addition: Community United Church of Christ and Grace Church provided meals to Morton kids over Spring Break.To help cover some of the expenses, they are graciously accepting monetary donations. Checks can be made out to and mailed to Community United Church of Christ, 300 N. Main St, Morton, IL 61550 with the memo "School Meals".
Chief Executive Officer
Greater Peoria Economic Development Council