Maintaining a safe, welcoming atmosphere is our highest priority at Temple B'nai Chaim. We want to assure you that we are keeping up with the information and recommendations that are being provided by federal, state, and local health departments regarding the potential spread of COVID-19.
We know that you have seen these precautionary guidelines posted elsewhere, but caution dictates our posting them as well.
According to the CDC:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Only use a facemask if you are showing symptoms.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.
We look forward to gathering as a community on Friday night to celebrate Shabbat and share in the reading of the megillah for Purim. Hopefully, our Fiddler on the Bimah theme will inspire you to come in fiddler-esque costume.
On Sunday (Daylight Saving Time begins), Religious School, Jr. Chai, and TBC Teens will meet as planned. Our Purim spiel, TBC's Star Wars: The Rise of Esther, for children and adults will begin at 10:30. It will be a wonderfully festive community celebration.
We will continue to keep track of the news and will make decisions going forward about Religious School and temple events according to government and public school district advisories.
To your good health and safety,
The Clergy, Staff and Leadership of TBC