Restore Illinois Metrics
The Illinois Department of Public Health has created a public dashboard of health metrics to show progress of the various regions toward meeting from phase to phase in the
plan. Most of Greater Peoria is in the North Central region. Mason and Logan counties are in the Central Region. Both regions are doing well measured against these metrics. You can see the progress
City of Pekin Business Grant Application Window Closes Soon
The City of Pekin opened a second round of its small business grant program on May 6.
Applications are due by 11:59 pm on May 13
. For-profit businesses with a physical location within the City of Pekin and with fewer than 50 employees and less than $1 million in annual revenue are eligible. The City will award grants of $5,000 to businesses that have W2 employees and $2,000 to self-employed individuals or businesses without W2 employees. More information
. In the first round, Pekin
$363,000 in grants to 91 different businesses.
Unemployment Benefits for the Self-Employed
Monday, May 11 was the first day the “unemployed self-employed” could file for unemployment benefits under the Pandemic Unemployment Assistance (PUA) program. According to IDES, workers who believe they may be eligible for new federal benefits,
must first apply for regular unemployment insurance
before applying for benefits under PUA. If claimants receive an eligibility determination of $0, they can then appeal that decision by providing verification of wages earned, or they can submit a claim for PUA benefits. Claimants who have already applied for and been denied regular unemployment benefits can submit a claim through the new PUA portal when it opens.
Receiving a denial for regular unemployment benefits is a mandatory first step in determining eligibility for PUA
. IDES has revamped its website and has a number of tutorials, videos and a chatbot. Start
. More about PUA
Inc. Magazine Free Resources for Businesses
Inc. magazine has compiled an updated list of free tools, resources and financial help for businesses impacted by COVID-19
State Guidance Regarding Face-Coverings
The Illinois Department of Human Rights has released guidance regarding the application of the face-covering requirement in the Governor’s extended stay-at-home order for businesses and other places of public accommodation subject to Article 5 of the Illinois Human Rights Act. Read the guidance
- Community Foundation of Central Illinois: Requesting monetary donations for the Central Illinois Disaster Recovery Fund. Information https://communityfoundationci.org/. Morton Chamber & EDC addition: The Morton Community Foundation has also announced a Morton Area Disaster Relief Fund for organizations serving those affected by COVID-19. Donate here.
- UnityPoint Health: UnityPoint is seeking personal protective equipment (PPE) and other medical supplies. They are also in search of medical personnel to help them prepare in the event that there is an influx of sick patients. Information here.
- OSF Healthcare: OSF seeking personal protective equipment (PPE), ventilators and other supplies. Information here.
- Peoria Innovation Alliance: PIA is gathering the maker community to discuss ways individuals and small companies can make supplies like masks. Information here.
- Heartland Health Services: Seeking personal protective equipment, medical supplies, hand sanitizer, and disinfectant wipes unopened. More information here.
- UICOMP Accepting Handmade Masks – The University of Illinois College of Medicine is accepting donations of handmade masks. Details can be found here.
- IWIRC: Seeking standard PPE such as N-95/surgical/home-made masks, face shields, gowns, and latex-free gloves. Donated supplies can be dropped off at their downtown Peoria clinic location at 736 SW Washington St. Information here.
- Morton Chamber & EDC addition: Community Harvest and Midwest Food Bank are soliciting monetary donations to help support the influx of requests for food.Visit their sites for more info.
Chief Executive Officer
Greater Peoria Economic Development Council