You, our specialty retail industry, are such an important part of what makes the Ashland community so incredible.
We understand you are tremendously challenged as our business community navigates this unprecedented crisis. We are here for you and are amazed at your creativity and resiliency during this challenging time. The Ashland shopping experience is such an important experience for both out of state & regional visitors as well as locals.
The Ashland Chamber of Commerce’s mission is to enhance and support the Ashland economy. Through our efforts of response and recovery due to closures from COVID-19, working with each of our industry sectors spanning beyond membership, we continue to enact our education role to support businesses and will also continue to inspire people to experience Ashland when it is safe to welcome them back.
One program we are excited to announce is a Summer Micro-Event Series.
You will be invited to participate in a way that works best for you! We are currently developing a structure that provides exciting opportunities while keeping the health and safety of our businesses and community members in mind. We will be working directly with you, keeping you apprised of our plans and sharing the themes so you can join us. We will not only be organizing these micro events but will be promoting them and our community starting with local outreach and moving outward as guidelines and restrictions allow. Some ideas that have been discussed include promoting collective theme, in-store events as we navigate Phase 1 to creating a street fair-like atmosphere with expanded and exciting opportunities. The City of Ashland is represented on our Steering committee to support this effort along with members of our business community, building owners and engaged community members. As a part of this effort, we have a Gating committee with members of our public health and hospital community to ensure these efforts take health and safety info consideration. We appreciate the input and engagement of the Culinary, Retail and Outdoor subcommittees that have contributed to the plans moving forward that are included in this message.
Knowing that we are likely to reopen into Phase 1 on May 15th we know that you will be learning how to operate under these new restrictions.
We are compiling resources
which includes information about bringing employees back, the Governor’s guidelines and restrictions and any resources we can find to support you. We are adding to this page daily.
Using May 15th as the date for reopening, we are approaching the Summer Micro-Event Series with the following timeline:
- Friday, May 15th based on Jackson County’s application being approved, many industries will be able to open
- June – support businesses as they navigate new restrictions and guidelines and message that our businesses are open and how the community can support them in a helpful and safe way. Finalize themes and invite businesses to participate well before launch.
- Late June – anticipated beginning of Ashland Chamber Summer micro event series celebrating Summer, graduation and leading up to the 4th of July, and beyond. Series spanning through summer, fall and beyond
- July and future – embracing community partners and their plans while continuing to educate, support, strategize and promote Ashland
Regarding opening into Phase 1,The Governor’s Office, in cooperation with local Chambers of Commerce and Jackson County Public Health, is offering a series of webinars to help small business owners understand the guidelines for the first phase (Phase 1) of re-opening businesses despite the continued risk of COVID-19 transmission.
These webinars are on Tuesday, May 12th. Here is the link to the Retail Webinar:
Topic: Re-Opening Retail
Time: May 12, 2020 09:00 AM Pacific Time (US and Canada)
Meeting ID: 916 6756 3867
One tap mobile
+16699006833,,91667563867# US (San Jose)
+12532158782,,91667563867# US (Tacoma)
We would love to hear a few things from you. When you have a moment, please reply to this email with the following:
- Are you planning to reopen on May 15th if the County application is approved? If not, what are your plans to reopen? This will help us as we plan promotions.
- On our website we include some resources both local and national for plexiglass if you are looking to install that in your location. What other similar resources are you looking for to help you reopen?
Thank you and we look forward to working to support you as you reopen and we move, as a community, through the times ahead.
Ashland Chamber & Travel Ashland Staff
*You are receiving this email because you are either a member, former member or a partner who has participated with us in some capacity before and we want to make sure you have an invitation to participate. If you are not a member, please let us know if you would like to continue to receive information about resources and opportunities to participate.