Suggested next steps for local businesses across Marin. Get a ‘jump start’ on preparing for curbside retail services starting on Monday the 18th.
There has been some recent confusion regarding how and when retail businesses are allowed to reopen in Marin based on both the State and County Public Health Orders. In an effort to clarify, please see the below timeline and details:
- On May 18, curbside only retail businesses will be allowed to re-open (until further notice), based on the State’s current orders.
- In order to re-open retail businesses for curbside service, a ‘Worksite Specific Re-Opening Plan’ that follows both State and County guidelines must be created and posted on site.
- On May 15, the Marin Recovers Retail Advisory Group, comprised of leading retail industry experts, will issue a Retail Re-Opening Toolkit, which will include a ‘Worksite Specific Re-Opening Plan’ template for small businesses to use to more easily document their plans.
- The ‘Worksite Specific Re-Opening Plan’ Template will include guidance and “fill in the blanks” for the following re-opening criteria:
- How your retail business will accommodate social distancing requirements as required by the County Health Officer;
- How you will prepare employees for this new environment;
- What your cleaning and disinfectant protocol be; and
- What your training plan will be and who will be responsible for training employees on critical components of the plan.
Through Marin Recovers
, the County of Marin is partnering with the Public Health Officer, local governments, Chambers of Commerce and Marin’s business community to inform and support the retail business reopening process.
Please stay tuned as we will be sharing more updates as soon as possible, most importantly the ‘
Marin Recovers Worksite Specific Re-Opening Plan’ Template.
As information becomes available we will do our best to get it out to our community as quickly as possible. If you have any questions please email email@example.com or you can call the chamber office at 415-332-7262.