Did You Know?
Charlotte County Economic Development Incentive Program
The Charlotte County Economic Development Incentive Program was adopted by the Board of County Commissioners to advance the mission of the County's Economic Development Office. This program was specifically created to:
- Produce high-wage value added jobs
- Reduce the tax burden on residential properties by increasing non-residential tax revenues
- Reduce the impact of economic downturns by diversifying the local economy
The core of the Program is based upon two vehicles-incentives for job creation and incentives for capital investment. A business that produces at least ten "Quality Jobs" and meets program requirements is eligible to participate. Program participants are eligible to receive both employment and capital incentives following approval of their Program Application and Agreement.
- ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT INCENTIVE PROGRAM
This program can be used to provide incentives to qualified applicants for job creation, capital investment or to offset infrastructure improvement costs.
- PROPERTY TAX EXEMPTIONS
Property Tax Exemptions may be available for up to 100% of your ad valorem and tangible personal property tax assessment for up to 10 years.
- TAXABLE NON-RECOURSE ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT BONDS
Finance many kinds of businesses.
- TAX-EXEMPT INDUSTRIAL DEVELOPMENT REVENUE BONDS (IDRBs)
Provides tax-exempt debt obligations issued by public corporations to support manufacturing, processing, and utility type economic development projects. The
Charlotte County Industrial Development Authority
issues these bonds in Charlotte County.