METRO SPORTS CAMPS 2020 - REOPENING PLAN, JULY 6TH
Parents, please be advised for your student to continue to participate in our sports camps or camp patriot sessions, the
Summer Camp Health Form
must be completed.
SPORTS CAMPS PROTOCOLS AND REQUIREMENTS
The athletic department will continue to use the measures listed below, specific to MCA sports camps.
- The locker rooms will be closed and not accessible to any athletes. One entry and one exit will be identified for athletes coming to and leaving each session.
- Only one set of designated bathrooms will be accessible for athletes use.
- All athletes must bring their own water bottles and sufficient water to last for the camp session.
- All athletes will remain in their vehicles until summoned by the coaching staff to the designated entrance.
- Any personal equipment brought to camp may not be shared with other athletes and will be sanitized. Any camp required equipment will be sanitized based on use.
- Reasonable efforts will be made to maintain social distancing and will be relative to the activities’ requirements.
- Note, the following protocol has been added:
- Masks are mandatory for staff and athletes participating in any indoor activities. Masks are not required for outdoor activities if appropriate distancing can be maintained. Athletes must supply their own mask.
SPORTS SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS
Please see below for requirements for individual sports.
- Volleyball & Cheer – Practices will operate as normal with mask protocol in effect. Anytime social distancing measures can be used, they should be applied. That would apply to stretches, warm-ups, serving lines, or meetings. Airflow must always be maintained while the gym is occupied, meaning the air conditioner must always be on and flowing when in the gym. All utilized equipment will be sanitized between and during practice.
- Cross Country – Since practices are outdoors, athletes or coaches will not be required to wear a mask or face covering but should be practicing social distancing. All individuals should be spaced 10’ out or further when working out. Athletes should not be paired up when running to provide acceptable distance between runners. Social distancing should also be practiced during meetings.
- Football – Individuals will maintain social distancing when applicable. While practicing outside, masks or face coverings are not required but allowed. Coaches will minimize the use of large groups during practices and camps. Social distancing must be maintained during group meetings. Equipment will be sanitized between and during practice, if utilized.
- Athletic Performance Center – Groups in the weight room should workout in groups no larger than two, and both individuals should have a mask or face covering on at all times. Groups will alternate racks always leaving one half-rack unused between each group. That same protocol should be used on the glute/ham machines. Any individuals using the turf area should always maintain a distance of no less than 6’ a part. Anytime outdoor workout areas can be used, then that should always take priority over being inside. Any workouts done outside or in the IPF will not require a mask or face covering to be worn. A positive airflow must always be maintained in the APC.
HEALTH SCREENING QUESTIONNAIRE AND TEMPERATURE CHECKS
Please review the following symptoms and questions. If you have any of the following symptoms or if you answer yes to the following questions, please do not come to camp.
- Fever or chills (fever higher than 100.4)
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
- Have you traveled within 14 days to any country or state that the CDC is requiring that you quarantine upon return?
- Have you, or someone in your household, had close (within 6 feet), extended (longer than 10 minutes), unprotected (without personal protective equipment) contact with a suspected or known COVID-19 patient within the last 14 days?
- Please monitor and self-check your temperature each day. Your temperature will also be checked by your coach before entering the facility.