July 2, 2020
Welcome back, staff colleagues!
July 13, 2020,
we return to work and begin this “new normal” on our campus! We want every student, staff, faculty, trustee and visitor to be assured that we are taking your concerns and the well-being of everyone seriously, so we have implemented some policy changes and updated procedures in addition to the comprehensive cleaning and safety measures that have been undertaken this summer.
On May 26, 2020, we issued a Return to Work Policy that included some of the actions we are taking to make sure our campus is safe. That policy included wear masks/face coverings, temperature checks, COVID screening questions and more. To review the policy,
In addition to those protocols, our facilities team has been hard at work putting safety precautions in place. When more staff begin to return to the building on
, you will find clear shields installed in offices where frequent in-person interactions occur, some adjusted workspace configurations and/or staff schedules in offices where distancing is more difficult to enforce, streamlined entry lanes and protocols for temperature and symptom screens at the security desks, distancing decals placed throughout the building to help guide where lines should form and increased hand sanitizer stations and cleaning supplies throughout the building. Additional protocols will be installed by
when students regain access to the building.
There will still be no access to the kitchen areas until regular day time cleaning begins on
What can you do to help us keep a safe working environment?
- Stay home or go home if you are sick.
- Maintain physical distancing practices on campus.
- Follow cleaning product instructions when cleaning your workspace.
- Wash your hands frequently or use hand sanitizer.
- Cover your nose and mouth when sneezing or coughing.
- Avoid touching your face.
- Wear a mask / face covering while on campus.
- Replace handshakes with head nods and waves.
- Avoid using other employees’ phones, desks, offices, or other work tools and equipment, when possible.
- Talk to Human Resources if you have concerns specific to your circumstances, such as a health condition that places you or someone in your household at high risk.
- Follow all Institute policies and practices.
- Be kind. Understand that this is a stressful time for everyone, and an extra bit of kindness right now can go a long way.
building hours will be 8am-8pm, Monday through Friday. Please note that right now, the only entrance is through Pogue Lobby (East Blvd) – that will eventually switch to the Hazel (or North Connector) entrance, and we’ll update you when it happens.
An update about parking will be shared early next week.
CIM branded face masks
We are pleased to provide each staff member with a CIM-branded face mask! Get yours from the HR Team, who will be handing them out in Pogue Lobby from 9-10am each day the week of July 13, and from 9-10am on July 20, 22 and 24.
We know that there will be more questions and we are here to help.
for answers to frequently asked questions to include continued working from home, staggered workdays, meetings and potential positive cases.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to speak with your manager or contact Human Resources. We look forward to seeing you back on campus!
Senior Director of Human Resources