TIME TO RETURN TO PRACTICE!!!
· If your athlete was already cleared on FamilyID they don’t need to register again for these workouts – they may need to update their physical. FamilyID site is active for those who have not registered yet. FamilyID Link
· We will have trainings beginning next week on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 4:00.
· The schedule has been created so there are no conflicts for wrestlers and basketball players.
· We’ll be on the auxiliary field and in the stadium at the new HS. On Tuesday the freshmen and sophomores will be on the upper field (closest to the high school building). The juniors and seniors will be in the stadium. They will alternate locations each workout.
· The attestation process will change slightly from November. The athletes will need to have completed attestation each day they work out – this is where you confirm that your athlete is symptom free. It will be the same process that will be followed when we get back to school. Parents will be sent an email every morning. They will need to respond that their athlete is symptom free then return it. I suggest converting the message to a text message so it’s easier to access. The process takes about 20 seconds once you get used to it. IT MUST BE DONE EACH DAY WE HAVE A WORKOUT OR PRACTICE. If the athlete has symptoms, THEY NEED TO STAY HOME.
The change – We will pass out student ID cards at the first workouts. The ID cards will have a QR code on them. Coaches will scan the cards when kids check in. If they get a red check, indicating they have not completed their attestation, your athlete will be able to contact you. You can complete the attestation and we can get them cleared immediately. This assumes they’re symptom free.
· We will start with conditioning workouts in small groups similar to what we did in the summer then progress to more sport specific practices.
· They will need to bring cleats and their own water (they can not share water with other players). We will issue their practice shorts and jersey at the end of the first practice and that’s what they should wear from that point on.
Athletic Director/Associate Principal