Return to School Update (1.7.22)
Dear Da Vinci Families and Staff,
We hope everyone is healthy, well-rested, and ready to return to school beginning Monday, January 10, 2022.
Today’s email will provide an update on the At-Home Test Kit distribution and serve as a reminder of the new COVID-19 Mitigation Measures that have been implemented.
Da Vinci Schools will continue to follow the required COVID-19 safety protocols set forth by the Los Angeles County Department of Public Health to keep our staff and students as safe as possible. Our priorities remain to reduce transmission of COVID-19 and to keep our schools open for in-person instruction.
At-Home Test Kit Distribution Update
Over the past two days, we distributed 1,620 at-home COVID test kits. We are grateful to our health and security teams who made sure that these kits were distributed to families within 48 hours of receiving them from the L.A. County Office of Education.
As of 3:00 pm today, we have identified 32 positive cases of COVID-19 among students, none of whom have returned to campus, thereby avoiding exposure for our Da Vinci staff and students. Students who have tested positive have been instructed by our School Nurse to remain isolated at home as required by County health protocols.
For families who were unable to pick-up test kits this week, we are making additional kits available next week only at your student’s school site:
- Connect TK-8 students: pick up at your front office
- 201 N. Douglas students: pick up at the nurse’s office on the 1st floor at lunch or after school
- RISE students: pick up from your front office
- DVX students: pick up at your site
Families: Please be sure your student takes the second test provided in the kit on Sunday or the day prior to returning to campus. We ask that you upload all test results here.
New Measures to mitigate transmission:
- Masking is now required for all outdoor activities where physical distancing is not feasible, except while eating or drinking.
- At this time, staff are required to wear upgraded masks (three-ply surgical masks or higher-level PPE)
- It is strongly recommended that students wear masks that are well-fitting, non-cloth masks of multiple layers of non-woven material with a nose wire. DV Schools has provided masks to all school sites to meet this recommendation, making them readily available for students.
Should cases occur once school begins in-person, you will be notified via email if your child is a close contact AND if there is a general exposure in the same classroom. Please note that all information, including the name(s) of ill persons, is confidential in order to protect patient privacy.
Da Vinci will be updating our COVID-19 Dashboard once a week to reflect the current number of cases at each school site. The COVID Hub is a great place to go for resources and the latest information.
We want to thank you again for your patience and understanding. We will continue to be prepared, flexible and responsive as conditions and County guidelines change.
Para obtener este anuncio en español por favor mande un correo electrónico con su solicitud a email@example.com. Gracias!