Dear Panther Family,
*Please be aware that students who chose the schoolhouse model will return to school next week. For more information from the district regarding reopening please go to http://reopening.dadeschools.net/*
Below are important updates and answers to the most FAQ pertaining to Palmetto High School’s return:
· This Friday, October 2nd, is a no opt-out teacher planning day. No school for students!
· Monday, October 5th, is the first day back to school for ESE students (all grades).
· The school start time changes to 7:20 am on Monday, October 2nd, even if you chose virtually learning.
· Wednesday, October 7th-Freshmen & Sophomores start back to school for those who chose the schoolhouse model.
· Friday, October 9th- Juniors & Seniors return for those who chose the schoolhouse model.
· Block schedule will continue on the same rotation.
· Students will have 10 minutes to change classes (DIRECTIONAL FLOW MUST BE FOLLOWED AND NO GROUPS ARE ALLOWED).
· MASKS & SOCIAL DISTANCING must be observed at all times.
· There will be three lunch periods to allow for increased social distancing.
· Schedules with assigned classroom numbers for schoolhouse students should be viewable by Tuesday, October 6th, on the portal
· A school map will be available online
· A change request form is on the school website. A request from physical to online or from online to physical are not guaranteed before the end of the grading period BUT our counselors are reviewing them and trying to accommodate.
· Parking space forms will be available to request and pay for on the school website. Seniors first, then Juniors, then Sophomores.
· Reserved parking for auction winners is marked and decals assigned (PTSA will reach out to winners with info).
· All students MUST bring a device to physical school.
· If a portable device is needed, fill out the online form ASAP as our school requests weekly allocations from the District.
· Large classes will be held in the media center or larger classrooms.
· 3.3 ft is the space mandated between students. Classrooms have been spaced accordingly.
· If you chose online school, you MAY be assigned a different teacher.
· If you chose in person, your schedule will remain the same.
· If your TEACHER doesn’t come back to the school physically, they will be teaching from home and a sub will be in the room with the students who will be on their devices.
Please JOIN THE PTSA, SIGN UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTER, FOLLOW US ON FB/IG
AND COME TO OUR NEXT GENERAL MEETING ON THURSDAY, OCTOBER 8TH AT 7PM (VIA ZOOM- link to follow)
We got this Panthers!