FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
June 17, 2021
Saanichton, BC – This week’s BC Health Update announced the province is moving to Step 2, viaSport, the BC Government's lead delivery agency for sport programs, has released a focused look at the return to sport plan for Step 2 for British Columbia today.
BC Hockey has been working closely with viaSport to develop guidelines to assist our members in planning for the upcoming hockey season. The four-stage plan was originally released on June 1st and has given clarity and has provided benchmark dates for all sports in BC.
What does the move to Stage 2 mean for hockey?
As of today, the order on indoor sports has officially changed. The changes are as follows:
- Recreational travel, including for sport, allowed within BC
- Physical distance not required on field of play (i.e. contact is allowed). Off the field, physical distance if 2 m must be maintained.
- Maximum group size is 50. The 50-person count includes participants, coaches, managers, trainers and other persons involved in an official capacity.
- Field of play: no masks required
- Off the field of play: masks required
- No spectators