September 1, 2020
Dear Gould Families,
Here are a few reminders and a few more details about tomorrow's registration process. If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to get in touch with Lindsay Legare. We look forward to seeing you very soon.
Important Facts You Need to Know About Returning to Gould
- No Student or visitor will be allowed on campus who is experiencing COVID-19 symptoms.
All students must arrive with a Negative COVID-19 PCR Test. No student will be allowed to register and move in without this test. Please contact the Gould Health Center if your test results have not come back.
- Students traveling from quarantine states must have a negative test result within 72 hours of crossing into Maine.
All students must have a signed Letter of Indemnification. (Visit MyGould.)
Testing at GOULD
Students must have a signed consent form from a parent or guardian in order to have testing done on campus (visit the Magnus link on the MyGould parent portal.
Arriving at Gould
Each student has been assigned a specific time to arrive on campus. If you arrive early, stay in your car until your designated time. If you are late for your appointment, you will be asked to wait until the last scheduled person has arrived and then you will be allowed to register. Family members will not be allowed to enter the dorm. Thank you in advance for your patience and understanding.
- Day Students should go directly to the Registration area on the Upper Field next to Ordway.
- Boarders will go directly to their dormitory, where a member of the Gould family will instruct where to unload belongings and park the car.
- Boarders then proceed to the Registration process on the Upper Field.
- Once the Registration process is complete, students will be able to return to their dorm and begin unpacking. We ask students to limit this to 30 minutes.
- We remind all students and visitors assisting them to please wear masks throughout the move-in/registration process.
The first stop when you arrive at Registration will be the COVID-19 screening tent. Each student and visitor will complete the following with a nurse:
- Temperature Check
- Symptom Check
- Big Three Review: Face covering, Hand Hygiene, Distancing
Proof of Negative PCR Test for the student must be presented.
Next steps in the Registration process:
- Gould Health Center Intake
- Academic Scheduling
- College Counseling
- Business Office
- Athletics and Co-curriculars
- Laundry Sign-up
- Family check-out before departure
For health and safety reasons, we ask that visitors involved in the Registration process, leave campus as soon as possible once the process is complete.
Once you have registered, you will set up your Gould computer to prepare for your classes, Returning students will join their orientation group after registration and will remain in that group through All-School Orientation and until Labor Day weekend. Returning students will engage in a variety of group activities in their returning student orientation group on campus from on Thursday and Friday.