Navigating our emotions can be felt as a lifelong goal. Unpredictable emotional undercurrents
arise in our life, swirling around ever turn, needing attention and focus.
Curious??? How do you feel you are navigating your emotions?
When we choose to simply react to our emotions, we can be dragged down into deep water. Personally, I know I have had to try to fix an emotional outburst after the fact, and I'm guessing you have too. And sometimes it was hard for me to get a "redo" for some of those relationships. How about for you?
As I learned ways to strengthen my emotional reactions to things and look for emotional strength inside, I began to lead with my heart rather than externally reacting to an emotional reaction.
Is There a Way to Plan For Emotional Triggers?
I certainly have emotional triggers and I imagine you do too. And we often know ahead of time, we may be walking into a situation that may be emotionally challenging or charged. What I have found to be helpful in dealing with the emotional waves and add more peace to my day, is to take a moment to focus on the triggers ahead of time. A little forethought certainly has helped me to take time to be mindful and look at the bigger picture.
Emotions are truly not "good or bad", they just are, and they are in constant flux. Honestly we don't really have to attach strongly to any of them. It helps to remember that when there is a ripple on the water, it doesn't mean a tidal wave is approaching. Opportunities and benevolent situations will exist alongside challenges.
Below are a Few Suggestion For Riding The Emotional Wave
- Take time to ground yourself. Take a few deep breaths. Bring yourself fully into the present and connect to your heart. Taking emotional flight will lift you out of yourself. Being grounded will help you avoid enlarging an issue that can be illuminated by a momentary emotional spike. And when emotions are amplified and they are negative ones, anger most likely will arise.
- Take the time to deal with emotions within yourself before you take any action or communicate with others. This is such a vital key to strong healthy relationships.
- It's true, many outward influences can light up our emotions. Those emotions can be
happy, sad, and everything in-between. What I suggest is to do your best to stay neutral as your emotions reveal themselves to you. Most emotions are better viewed from a higher perspective of spirit. Invite that view, so you are able to respond appropriately.
- When we are triggered emotionally, our mind can come up with some deep inner questions. When these arise, please don't simply dismiss them, go deeper within yourself and embrace and contemplate these questions in a new way, asking spirit for a fresh perspective.
- Having a new awareness and focusing inward rather than outward, a new sense of clarity can offer calm, instead of upset in your relationships. It's a possibility that you could have overlooked a key component to seeing clearly while emotionally charged. Be open to new information. Take time to look at the situation again in a new light.
Swimming in Calm Waters
Honestly, we don't have to continue to have emotional discord in our loving relationships. We can choose to create a brand-new type of emotional world for ourselves. And making the choice to do that can feel so very liberating! Life truly can be rich and calm rather than empty and turbulent. Would love for you to try one or all of these suggestions, on your next emotional ride and please share with me how it worked for you.
Sending Blessings & Much Love to you, Joanie
This week I would like to share with you a presentation:
We all have emotions and all too frequently, experience negative emotions that can be detrimental to perceived quality of life. Nicole Stevens demonstrates giving a presentation on the doTERRA Emotional Aromatherapy System, which can help oppose negative emotions, including a brief overview of the science behind aromatherapy. Learn how to use these powerful oils and how to share them with others.
Enjoy~! If you have any questions after watching the presentation, please feel free to
contact me !
* One of the most vital things you must know about essential oils is not all essential oils are created equally. In fact, most of them are worthless to your health and often synthetic. When buying essential oils make
sure they are certified pure therapeutic grade. If you want to order the brand
I trust and personally use
, feel free to email me @ email@example.com
**THE ADVICE ON THIS PAGE IS NOT INTENDED TO REPLACE PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL HELP. THESE STATEMENTS ARE FOR EDUCATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY, THEY ARE NOT MEANT TO DIAGNOSE, TREAT, CURE OR PREVENT ANY ILLNESS OR DISEASE. THIS INFORMATION IS OFFERED AS A WAY TO USE ESSENTIAL OILS TO ASSIST THE BODY IN ITS OWN NATURAL PROCESSES OF REACHING BALANCE AND HOMEOSTASIS.
Friday, July 14, 7:00 p.m. - Sunday, July 16, 3:00 p.m.
Often we take our most precious asset, our partner, for granted. In hectic, stressful, troubled times, the quality of our relationships is more important than ever.
We long for a deep connection with our partner. Yet, so often our self-limiting habits, work stresses, or years of just plain neglect, sidetrack our dream for deep intimacy and loving partnership.
When you invest in your most intimate relationship, everything works and everyone benefits. For your happiness, this might just be the most important work you'll ever do as a couple.
| Would love to work with you to:
- Set professional and personal goals
- Improve your health and reduce stress
- Focus in creating a clearer vision of what you most want
- Build leadership skills
- Communicate more effectively
- Help you create a relationship with YOUrself, partner, children, community and co-workers that you want
Relationship & Retreat Coach