Dear Lions' Families;
We are blessed at Riverwalk Academy to have such wonderful, involved, and supportive families. Each of you are one of the reasons #WhyRiverwalk.
Another reason #WhyRivewalk is because of our outstanding teachers. Friday evening, I was reflecting about the week and I was overcome with joy as I was thinking about the hard work and effort of our staff during this previous week. It would have been easy for our staff to "take it easy" last week, especially as we were finishing up the second week of MAP testing, however our staff didn't. They did not let up, nor did they back down. What impressed me about them was their relentless pursuit of high-quality teaching and learning.
May 7 - 11 is National Teacher Appreciation Week (which also happens to be our first week of State testing) and I am asking for your assistance in recognizing and celebrating the outstanding and talented teachers of Riverwalk Academy. The plan for the week of May 7th is as follows:
- Monday (May 7) - On A PAWSitive Note
- Let your child send a PAWSitive note to their teacher telling them why they deserve a Staff PAWSitive Award - click here to download the template.
- Tuesday (May 8) - "Donut" What We Would Do Without You
- K - 3 Parents - Please consider sending in breakfast items and treats for all the staff to share.
- Wednesday (May 9) - Take A Break
- Parents - help provide a duty-free lunch for our teachers.
- Thursday (May 10) - Even Superheros Need A Re-Charge
- 4th - 8th Parents - Please consider sending in an afternoon snack (or beverage) that we'll deliver so they can refuel.
- Friday (May 11th) - Say Thanks With A Gift Card
- All Parents - please consider sending in a $5 - $10 gift card (you pick the place) that we can distribute to each of the teachers during a Friday luncheon.
On Wednesday, our PTO will send out an email explaining in more detail the events of May 7th and how you and your child can help show appreciation to the outstanding teachers of Riverwalk Academy.
Thank you all for all that you do to show your support to Riverwalk Academy.