Dear Lions' Families;
I hope you all have had a relaxing and nice spring break. It's hard to believe that we're heading into the final quarter. I have a feeling that these final eight weeks are going to fly by.
Over the past week, Riverwalk Academy became one of the co-sponsors of the Come See Me
Healthy Kids' Zone
. The event is on Saturday at 3:00pm at the Giordana Velodrome. We hope to see you all there.
With this week being the start of the Come See Me Festival (kick off is Thursday with the parade), I started thinking about "Come See Riverwalk." And like that, a new, temporary, hashtag was created.
So why #ComeSeeRiverwalk?
For me, this is an easy question.
- We believe in encouraging parent involvement within their child’s journey to academic success.
- We believe in making continued efforts to foster community support for our school.
- We believe that we improve ourselves and our practices because of the consistent support of our fellow co-workers.
- We believe in educating through a student-centered approach, which inspires students to take ownership of their learning.
- We believe in allowing student-led inquiry that is implemented through a rigorous, Project-Based Learning model.
We have some exciting things happening at Riverwalk Academy and we have so much to be proud of. I know what many of you are thinking, "Dr. Compton has to say those things." I wouldn't say it if it wasn't true. I truly believe in Riverwalk Academy. I'm honest with where we're presently at, and encouraged by where we're heading.
However, don't take it from me as to why #ComeSeeRiverwalk. Here is what our students' parents are saying:
- At Riverwalk Academy my children get a unique project based learning experience that you won't find anywhere else in Rock Hill. They are challenged, they have fun, the staff is amazing, and at Riverwalk we have a school family like no other because of how involved we are in our children's education.
- Flexibility in learning and teaching are critical. Each child is taught at their own level, which really customizes the experience and makes the kids all feel equal. The PBL (Project Based Learning) concept is beyond amazing. It's how the real world operates (or should) - work together to find answers, have discussion, learn from other students and teachers - then present the knowledge to gain experience in public speaking and presenting. These skills are so valuable in today's world and the children who learn these concepts at a young age will flourish later in life.
- My son has never been so excited to go to school. He loves his school! He can be himself, grow socially and and academically, all in a safe environment that promote uniqueness in each student. He is able to use his creativity to really dive into his learning with a hands on approach. Riverwalk is like no other school and we love RWA.
As you can see, there are so many reasons to #ComeSeeRiverwalk. I encourage each of you to let others know why they should #ComeSeeRiverwalk. Beginning now, through the end of the Come See Me Festival, let's use this hashtag on social media to tell all of York County why they need to #ComeSeeRiverwalk. We'd love to see pictures of your family at Come See Me wearing their Riverwalk Academy t-shirts.
Have a great week and thank you for being part of #WhyRiverwalk.