August 6, 2020
Dear students, faculty and staff,
Beginning Monday, August 10, the Robinson Music Library will provide limited access options for the fall semester, until further notice. These procedures and precautions have been developed in collaboration with libraries world-wide, in order to deliver necessary services in the safest possible way. Our services or hours may be altered as conditions change. We appreciate your continued flexibility and understanding.
Library and Media Lab hours
- Beginning August 10: Monday-Friday, 10am-3pm
- Beginning August 24: Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm
- Beginning August 31: Monday-Thursday, 8am-9pm | Friday, 8am-5pm | Saturday, 9am-9pm | Sunday, noon-8pm
Visiting the library
One person at a time will be allowed in the library, staying for a maximum of 30 minutes per visit. Masks must be worn at all times. Please use this form to request a visit. (Drop-in visits may be possible, but those with appointments will have priority.)
- Appointments will be generally available during the hours listed above.
- The Media Lab will be accessible through the lower-level entrance only. Please observe posted occupancy limits and observe physical distancing requirements at all times.
Using library materials
Physical materials may be picked up by Conservatory and Preparatory students, faculty and staff, by appointment. Please use this form to request materials and appointments.
A large number of essential resources, including our catalog, databases, course e-reserves and libguides, are available online. You can also connect with online subscription resources on and off campus. Our new Virtual Commons page has all the details.
Research assistance & library staff
If you require research assistance, you may connect with a librarian here. Research consultations via Microsoft Teams will be possible.
All library staff are available by email during business hours.
Spring 2020 due dates
- If you still have items from spring 2020, the due date has been extended to September 1. Please drop off materials in the library drop box outside the main entrance or if the box is full, leave at the security desk.
We have created a Frequently Asked Questions guide about library services during fall 2020 to help you use the Library safely as COVID-19 pandemic precautions continue.
- All online resources and assistance from library staff are available to all students and faculty, regardless of location.
Thank you for your cooperation. We wish you good health and success in the upcoming school year. If we can be of assistance or if you have additional questions, please don’t hesitate to ask.
Kevin McLaughlin, DMA, MLIS, Library Director
Denise Smith Green, Senior Research Services Librarian
Eric Farnan, Library Access and Public Services Manager and Ensembles Librarian