Thank you to those who donated online during "Back to Business Day" in August. Unfortunately, others must have forgotten as donations to our
of the year are still down.
According to our records,
only 287 families out of the 510 registered families in the school have donated to Pass The Hat. Slightly over half.
Despite numerous Bugle announcements and a letter that was sent home, only 13 new donations came in. If we don't make up the shortfall soon, we will need to take this into account when budgeting for next year and possibly have to cut enriching programs and per-student classroom grant spending.
$75 suggested donation/per student helps Rockwell PTA to
fund and/or support:
- Enriching classroom grants - requested year-round by teachers and other staff members (science materials, magazine subscriptions - Scholastic News - and much more).
- All those "extras" enriching your child's education at Rockwell such as: author visits, special assemblies, art supplies for docents, visits from the Toymaker (enriching our STEM curriculum), Field Trip support, the School Musical, Salmon in the Classroom, the Science Van, and SO much more - all of which enriches your child's education.
- Family Events such as the Back to School BBQ, Bingo Night, Movie Night, the Ice Cream Social, Heritage Night, Field Day, volunteer and staff appreciation, and "behind the scenes" programs such as safety items, the yearbook, directory, PTA website, and Bugle Newsletter.
WHY ARE WE DOWN? Factors may include:
- Going all "online" for the first time (instead of having mountains of paperwork the first week of school). While feedback was great and parents loved it, we need everyone to REMEMBER to donate!
- Not having an "in the classroom" presence on Curriculum Night, like in past years, with actual hats for collecting donations. We hope to remedy this for next year.
- Fewer children in the school due to the boundary change at the beginning of the year, however the numbers have gone up again.
WHAT CAN YOU DO?
- Can't remember if you donated? Simply log in to your account on the PTA website and check! Expand the plus sign under your orders to see if you have paid yet for this year (it will say Pass The Hat Fundraiser), or shoot us an email and we can check for you!
- Corporate Matching: As we are a non-profit, many employers will match your
Pass The Hat donation - get your matching submitted today! Some will also donate to us for your volunteer hours, so be sure to ask your employer if you volunteer at school! Make sure to note Rockwell PTA when submitting the matching. If you can log in to your employer's matching site and check your matching account to see if it has been made, that would be great!
- New to the School? Then you likely missed Back to Business Day. Please create your website account and donate today.
Many schools ask kids to sell wrapping paper & magazines or have big auctions to raise money. No one really wants to do those things - which is why we are counting on YOU to remember to Pass The Hat!
Let's keep Rockwell Elementary one of the most
in Redmond! Hope to see you all at our next General Membership Meeting on
to read more about Pass The Hat (and donate).
Co-Presidents Ellie O'Rourke and Cari Scotkin