Several rooms are closed in the Library. Here is a current inventory and additional information about each closing:
- Computer Lab -
- How long? Several Weeks
- Why? Storage for historic materials, soon to be cleared and new carpeting installed.
- What can I use instead? Computer stations on first and second floors. We are limiting time on the public stations during this time.
- Sister Cities Room -
- How long? Remainder of project ~March 2019
- Why? Contractor and Sub contractors need a space to work out of.
- Where are all the Sister Cities goodies? Safely stored away
- Heritage Room -
- How long? Several Weeks, maybe longer
- Why? Flooring not complete, then we will need to store the computer lab furniture in this room.
- What can I use instead? Shiras Room
- Peter White Conference Room -
- How long? Remainder of project ~ March 2019
- Why? We are moving in and out of staff offices, and need a spot to temporarily locate those who are displaced.
- What can I use instead? Dandelion Cottage and Lion's Room are still available and have a similar capacity.
The top floor of the year 2000 building (near parking lot windows) is cleared of furniture. Carpeting will start to be removed in that area on Monday, December 17th.
- Currently the seating and desks are very limited in this area. Many have been moved to the window boxes.
- Portions of the Reference Collection along with the newspaper back issue shelving are not available right now.
~Sorry for the inconvenience!