August 10, 2020
Dear Rosa Coplon Living Center Residents, Family Members and Responsible Parties,
I am writing to provide an update to the message we sent to you on August 7th. Over the weekend we received notification of two positive COVID-19 test results for Rosa Coplon Living Center employees. These individuals will not be permitted to return to Rosa Coplon until we receive a negative test result after their 14 day quarantine.
What Does This Mean For Visitation?
I am very sorry to say that the Department of Health does not allow visitors onsite if any new cases of COVID-19 develop in staff or residents within a 28 day period. As a result we must temporarily suspend visitation. I know this is very disappointing news and we will do everything we can to keep you connected with your family member or loved one until we are able to offer in-person visits again.
If you have an in-person visit scheduled, our staff will contact you if they haven't already. As always, if you would like to schedule a Skype video call, please reach out to your social worker and we would be happy to arrange one for you. In-person visitation may tentatively re-open on September 8th, pending we do not have additional new cases between now and then.
Infection Prevention Measures
- We have contacted all family members of residents who may have potentially been exposed.
- We continue to take resident temperatures and monitor for signs and symptoms of the virus.
- We continue to test staff weekly for COVID-19, in addition to providing daily screenings and wearing face masks at all times.
As I mentioned in my letter last Friday, we are:
- Following frequent hand washing practices.
- Socially distancing by remaining 6 feet apart from others whenever possible.
- Using Sodexo’s seven-step cleaning program with hospital-grade disinfectants approved by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- Using a cutting-edge Solaris UV Disinfection machine to prevent the spread of illnesses. This technology helps to eliminate coronavirus and other germs from surfaces in seconds with proven pulsed UV light.
We deeply appreciate your understanding and enduring patience. If you have questions, please don't hesitate to contact me.