In-person visitation is in session for all units, except for specific individuals that are on precautions. Please follow the information below to plan a future visit.
Per Department of Health (DOH) guidelines, family members are allowed to take a resident outside, weather permitting, if the resident is fully vaccinated. Fully vaccinated means it has been two weeks since the final dose of the COVID-19 vaccine. Per DOH guidelines, residents who are not fully vaccinated may not be taken outside.
Visitors must go straight to the resident's room and then straight outside - visitors may not travel within the facility. Visits can take place only in the resident's room or outside, and cannot be conducted in common spaces. If you choose to take a resident outside, please follow these steps:
- Visitors must go directly to their loved one's room.
- If you'd like to have your visit outdoors, please inform the nurse on your loved one's unit.
- The nurse will confirm the resident has been fully vaccinated, and offer a face mask to the resident.
- Masks must be worn at all times by all parties.
- There can only be one resident in the elevator at a time.
- Everyone must stay socially distant from others at all times throughout the visit - while traveling through the facility and to the outside.
- Visitors must escort their loved one outside, and back to their room at the end of their visit.
As a reminder, the following DOH guidelines continue to apply to all visits:
Preparing For Your In-person Visit
Visits are available Monday - Friday, 11 a.m. – 7 p.m. Weekend appointments can be scheduled between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. by calling 716-639-3311 ext. 2128 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Weekend appointments must be made by 2 p.m. on Fridays.
You are not required to present a negative COVID-19 test to visit. However, should you want to have a rapid COVID-19 test onsite prior to your visit, you must schedule a time Monday - Friday to receive your test. You can schedule the test by calling 716-639-3311 ext. 2210. Prior to your test, please complete the COVID-19 testing form.
If you would like to bring a pet with you to your visit, the pet must be on a leash and a copy of its shot record must be on file. Please contact Jan Treinin at email@example.com or call 716-639-3311 x2213 to coordinate these details prior to your visit.
- If your loved one is currently on a 14-day quarantine, they are not eligible for in-person visits. However, virtual visits are still available.
What To Expect When You Arrive
- Please use the main entrance at 2700 N. Forest Rd.
All visitors will be screened for COVID-19. This will include a temperature check and questions about exposure to the virus and recent travel. If you have symptoms of COVID-19 or have had close contact with someone with COVID-19 within 14 days (regardless of your vaccination status), you will not be allowed to visit in person.
- Visitors will be required to use hand sanitizer upon arrival and wear a mask that covers your nose and mouth at all times during your visit.
You may only travel to and from your loved one's room. You may not travel anywhere else within the facility at any time.
- Individuals must remain 6 feet apart throughout the visit.
- For residents living in a semi-private room, visitors may not enter the living space of the roommate or the shared bathroom.
- Up to two individuals may visit a resident at any one time.
- Individuals under 16 years old must be accompanied by an adult over 18.
Visitors who do not follow the infection control practices outlined above will not be permitted to visit and will be asked to leave.
Any visitor who enters the facility and at any time receives a positive COVID-19 test result will be required to notify the facility as soon as possible.
As required by the DOH, when a new case of COVID-19 is identified among residents and staff the facility will immediately begin outbreak testing and follow the latest guidance from the DOH regarding visitation.
Thank you for following these infection control practices to ensure everyone's safety. We appreciate your cooperation and understanding. Our team continues to be diligent in our infection prevention measures.
Please don't hesitate to reach out to me personally should you have any questions or concerns.