November 13, 2020
Dear Rosa Coplon Living Center Residents, Family Members and Responsible Parties,
Cases of COVID-19 continue to rise in Erie County and Western New York State. We have 10 positive cases of COVID-19 in residents, and two positive cases in employees within Rosa Coplon Living Center. Please review the important information below as we work together to protect and care for residents:
- Please do not take residents out of Rosa Coplon except for medically necessary appointments. Staying onsite is the best way to protect residents from contracting the illness while cases are widespread in Erie County.
Care for residents with COVID-19 is provided within one unit to prevent the potential spread of the virus. We continue to work closely with the Department of Health (DOH) to follow the latest recommendations and requirements.
To ensure safety for everyone, staff wear personal protective equipment required by the DOH, including N95 masks, eye protection, gowns, and gloves. Staff training on best practices has been ongoing as we strive to provide the best possible care. In addition, staff continue to get tested for COVID weekly.
- Our facility uses a comprehensive, science-based disinfection program. We are extremely lucky to have a pulsed UV disinfection system proven to eliminate pathogens such as coronavirus from surfaces in seconds. This technology is also used in many hospitals. In addition, our 7-step cleaning process follows CDC infection control guidance using hospital-grade disinfectants.
Honoring our Veterans
This week we honored our veterans by distributing certificates of appreciation to all residents who served our country. Let's take a moment to recognize all Rosa Coplon Living Center residents who have served:
- Donald Oakes - U.S. Army
- Roger Chenez - U.S. Army
- Richard Thompson - U.S. Marine Corps
- David Russell - U.S. Army
- Patricia McMahon - U.S. Army
- Richard Rooney - U.S. Marine Corps
- Vicente Cruz-Ortega - U.S. Army
- Timothy Dyte - U.S. Marine Corps
- Kenneth Heidle - U.S. Air Force Reserves
- Michael Cavalieri - National Guard
- Robert Wells - U.S. Army
- Norris Pritchard - U.S. Navy
- Richard Welker - U.S. Navy
- Larry Quates - U.S. Navy
- James Goodlander - National Guard
- Joseph Gullo - U.S. Army
Enjoy the following photos from our safe and socially distanced Veterans Day celebration!