November 7, 2020
Dear Rosa Coplon Living Center Residents, Family Members and Responsible Parties,
We are writing to share that we have reported six positive cases of COVID-19 in residents within our facility.
- We continue to work very closely with the Department of Health (DOH) and follow all recommendations and requirements.
- All positive cases are located in one hallway on one unit to prevent the potential spread of the virus.
- Staff are using all required personal protective equipment to ensure safety for residents and staff, including N95 masks, eye protection, gowns, and gloves.
- We are using rigorous cleaning and disinfecting procedures including the use of ultraviolet light disinfection to eliminate the virus from all surfaces.
- Staff training has been ongoing to ensure the highest standard of procedures are in place.
- Cases in the Buffalo community are rising. We would like to reinforce that residents not leave the facility except for medically necessary appointments, in line with DOH recommendations.
- Staff continue to get tested weekly.
In compliance with DOH regulations, we are required to suspend in-person restricted visitation at this time.
We appreciate your patience as we work to keep your loved ones and our staff safe and healthy. We continue to screen employees daily, test employees weekly for COVID-19, wear face masks, and use advanced cleaning and disinfecting practices in resident areas.