Here are a few things to keep in mind as you get ready for the Run for the Luck of It! on Saturday, March 16th
Packet Pick Up:
- Friday, 3/15; 2:00 - 6:00 PM at Run Wild Missoula (basement of Runner’s Edge). We highly recommend picking up your packet on Friday afternoon and avoid the rush on race morning.
- Friday afternoon will also be Run Wild Missoula’s annual Winter-End garage sale! Be sure to stop by and check out the steeply discounted items we’ll have available.
- Saturday, 3/16; 7:30 to 8:30 AM at Bonner Park (1600 Ronald Ave)
- Packet Pickup will end promptly at 8:40 AM on race morning. This will give you plenty of time to warm up and make it through the bathroom line before race start. It will also give Competitive Timing enough time to get all of your data entered in the system for accurate race results.
- Do you have friends or family who still need to register for the race this weekend??
- Available during packet pickup on Friday & Saturday
- Avoid the processing fee and bring cash or check for payment!
- Available online through race day via RunSignUp - HERE
; 1600 Ronald Avenue
- Kids Run - 8:45 AM (untimed)
- 7-Mile - 9:00 AM
- 5K - 9:15 AM
- 7 Mile
- Both courses are OPEN to traffic! Race participants must always be aware of traffic and yield to cars unwilling to stop for runners. While there will be numerous volunteers and lots of signage all over the course, runners must still be cautious at intersections! Please listen to the course monitor's instruction!
Post Race Shenanigans:
- Lisa's Pasties (meat and vegetarian options available)
- Beer from Bayern Brewing
- Gatorade & Bottled Water (Thanks Pepsi-Cola of Western Montana!)
- Overall Awards from Black Cat Bake Shop and VIM&VIGR
- Age Group Awards from Black Cat Bake Shop
- Prizes for Best Costume
- Race morning weather is expected to be cool and partly cloudy, with start-line temps in the mid 20s
- The National Weather Service forecast can be found HERE
- Please remember, this race takes place in Montana in March. What does that mean? You never know what kind of weather we're going to have or what the weather will decide to drop on the trails as it passes through (rain, sleet, wind, etc.). Be prepared for potentially slippery surfaces, potholes (watch for puddles!), uneven surfaces, and loose sand and gravel. Traction devices are highly recommended for portions of both the 5K and 7 Mile.
- Carpooling is always encouraged!
- Bonner Park is located in a residential area; there are no parking lots available
- Due to how the streets have been plowed, on-street parking is a bit challenging. Please allow enough time to get from your vehicle to the start/finish at Bonner Park.
- When parking on residential streets, please do not block driveways, alleys, or fire hydrants. (Please be good neighbors.)
- Parking will not be available on Hilda Avenue between Evans and Beverly
- Porta-Potties will be available near the start line
- Please allow enough time to get through the line before the races start
Dogs & Strollers:
- As with all Run Wild Missoula races, dogs are not permitted in this event
- Strollers are welcome; but, we do ask that you start near the back of the pack and be especially cautious when maneuvering around fellow runners and walkers. Please take weather and road conditions into consideration when deciding whether or not to bring your stroller to this event.
- Don’t forget to share your race day photos on social media!
- Use the hashtag #runfortheluckofit and tag @runwildmissoula
Wear a fun costume. Get some fresh air. Hang with some friends. Enjoy being fit, active, and healthy. Seize the day. Raise a cold one to your training partners. Most of all - have some fun and Run for the Luck of It!