Here are a few things to keep in mind as you get ready for the Run for the Trees on Saturday, April 20th
Packet Pick Up:
- Saturday, April 20 from 8:30 to 9:30 AM at Silver Park, 700 Cregg Lane
- Packet Pickup will end promptly at 9:30 AM on race morning. We will not be able to provide you a bib number after 9:30 AM.
- We need the time between 9:30 AM and 10:00 AM to get all of your data entered into the system for accurate race timing and results.
- We also need to be prepared for the Arbor Day Proclamation at 9:45 AM.
- And, we want to give you plenty of time to warm up and make it through the bathroom line before race start.
- Do you have friends or family who still need to register for the race this weekend??
- Available during packet pickup on Saturday (8:30-9:30 AM)
- Avoid the processing fee and bring cash or check for payment!
- Available online through race day via RunSignUp - HERE
- If you register online before the event, you must pick up your bib by the 9:30 AM deadline (see above)
Arbor Day Proclamation:
9:45 AM with Mayor John Engen
Race Start Times:
- 10K - 10:00 AM
- 5K - 10:15 AM
- Kids Dash - 11:15 AM
- Both courses are OPEN to traffic! Race participants must always be aware of traffic and yield to cars unwilling to stop for runners. While there will be numerous volunteers and lots of signage all over the course, runners must still be cautious at intersections! Please listen to the course monitor's instruction!
- 1-Mile Fun Run
- Race morning weather is expected to be damp with start-line temps in the upper 40s
- The National Weather Service forecast can be found HERE
- Please remember, this race takes place in Montana in April. What does that mean? You never know what kind of weather we're going to have or what the weather will decide to drop on the trails as it passes through (rain, sleet, wind, etc.). Be prepared for potentially slippery surfaces, potholes (watch for puddles!), uneven surfaces, and loose sand and gravel.
- Not sure how to dress? Check out Runner's World for their recommendations on how to dress for any condition
- Carpooling is always encouraged!
- There is a parking lot at Silver Park
- Additional parking is available on Cregg/Wyoming and at McCormick Park
- Please note: Cregg Lane is closed between McCormick Park and Hickory Street (approximately 400 feet of road). McCormick Park is accessible for parking. You must follow the detour signs and take First Street to access Silver Park from Orange Street. This construction will not impact the race routes.
- Porta-Potties will be available in the parking lot of Silver Park
- Toilets within Silver Park will also be open for use
- Please allow enough time to get through the line before the races start
Dogs & Strollers:
- As with all Run Wild Missoula races, dogs are not permitted in this event
- Strollers are welcome; but, we do ask that you start near the back of the pack and be especially cautious when maneuvering around fellow runners and walkers. Please take weather and road conditions into consideration when deciding whether or not to bring your stroller to this event.
- Awards for Top Three Overall Males & Females in the 5K and 10K
- $1.00 off your drink order from Dog & Bicycle - just bring your bib over to their coffee shop on Saturday. They are conveniently located in Polley's Square
- Don’t forget to share your race day photos on social media!
- Use the hashtag #RunfortheTrees and tag @runwildmissoula
It's time to celebrate Missoula's Urban Forest and Earth Day!