Transportation Solutions - Health Tran - Mary Gordon – Missouri Rural Health Association
HealthTran was designed to address rural transportation limitations and barriers, with a primary focus on health and social determinants of health that affect rural Missourians and their communities. In finding a sustainable solution, with flexibility to meet the needs and barriers of the unique Missouri landscape, HealthTran developed a multifaceted approach that includes:
- Strengthening health care access through collaboration, Mobility Management, advocacy, and sustainability
- Creating a one-stop Ride Scheduling Platform to link all local transit options for simple, quick, and effective ride scheduling, thus reducing stress for workers and cancellations and no-shows for healthcare providers
- Enhancing local and new transportation options with the MHRA Volunteer Driver Program
- Working with nontraditional forms of transportation by utilizing available, unused vehicles dedicated to community transport
- Sharing information on government-funded programs and other resources to enhance transportation options
Today’s session will provide an overview of the program, focus on the economic benefits transportation brings to a community and offer participants the opportunity to ask questions and interact with the HealthTran staff.